Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 vs Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Which one would you choose? Same price.

• Total voters

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Both of these tablets are priced at US$149. Both offer comparable specs. Except for the following differences : Asus is a well-known brand name, while Hisense is totally new to the tablet marketplace. Asus offers 16 GB of onboard memory, Hisense only 8 GB of storage.The Asus tab has micro SD, but no HDMI; Hisense has both. And, both offer front and rear cameras, but only Hisense comes with flash. Same price, slightly different features. Which one would you choose?

Last edited:

Maverik18

Feb 20, 2013
What soc haves the Asus?

Edit: already looked at your other post. Mmm, I personally think that buying a quad core soc with 2gb ram tablet with community support would be the best buy, you would have a device that would be perfectly functional for many time if it doesn't get broken.
Between those two you mention, the Sero haves some community support and maybe the Asus would too, but I'm not sure how the Asus soc performs vs the Sero's one. The Sero haves the advantage that because it haves the Tegra soc it would be more easy to developers to work on it because of all the roms and modifications available for it. If I had to buy right now, I would buy the Sero 7 pro, if I could wait, I would see how the Asus pans out and take a decision based on the new info.

Enviado desde mi NookColor usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hello, Maverik18.

Thank you for reading my posts and submitting your comments.

Ed

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That is very tough, you have + and minus on both sides, the edge in my opinion would go to Asus MeMO Pad HD 7, Asus makes the nexus 7 so Asus has the advantage on building powerful tablets. I know nothing about Hisense, given both products are basically the same, and price is the same I would go with Asus.

nyrsimon

Jul 4, 2013
Both of these tablets are priced at US$149. Both offer comparable specs. Except for the following differences : Asus is a well-known brand name, while Hisense is totally new to the tablet marketplace. Asus offers 16 GB of onboard memory, Hisense only 8 GB of storage.The Asus tab has micro SD, but no HDMI; Hisense has both. And, both offer front and rear cameras, but only Hisense comes with flash. Same price, slightly different features. Which one would you choose?

I have a Nexus 7 - like the build - I would choose the Asus

On that note are the Memo HD's for sale in the US yet? I have seen they are coming so but cannot find one anywhere....

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I have a Nexus 7 - like the build - I would choose the Asus

On that note are the Memo HD's for sale in the US yet? I have seen they are coming so but cannot find one anywhere....

Hi, nyrsimon. Thanks for participating in the discussion and poll. There are a few differences between this model and the one it made for Google, but you can't beat the price for what's packed under the screen. Don't expect a "pure" Google experience though; that can only be found on the Nexus 7. Now, all we have to do is locate one.
Ed

logdog

May 12, 2013
The new Nexus 7 is supposed to be released later this month. I would wait and see if that will come in at around the same price point.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I own(ed) both the Sero 7 Pro and the Nexus 7 (closest in the US to the Asus MeMo 7 HD at the moment) and I ended up returning the Sero 7. My reasons for returning the Sero tablet were mostly subjective - the screen was too yellow to me, the build quality was not quite as good as the N7 and the whole device felt "clunky". With that said the Sero 7 Pro was probably 90 - 95% as good as the Nexus 7. Even though the 8GB Sero 7 Pro is only $149 currently, the 32GB Nexus 7 can be found at numerous retailers for $199 (likely due to the new N7 coming shortly). I thought that getting a better-built tablet with 4 times the internal storage was well-worth the extra $50.

The Asus MeMo HD 7 should be a better device compared to the Sero 7 Pro according to early oversea reviews. Won't really know for sure until the Asus HD 7 is more widely available.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Asus MeMo HD 7 should be a better device compared to the Sero 7 Pro according to early oversea reviews. Won't really know for sure until the Asus HD 7 is more widely available.

Hi, Angus.

Thanks for participating in the poll and sharing your timely views with the rest of us. I'm still trying to find out what the MeMO Pad HD 7's status is in terms of availability on this continent. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I'm still trying to find out what the MeMO Pad HD 7's status is in terms of availability on this continent. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow.

Would be nice to hear a release date for both the MeMo HD 7 AND the new Nexus 7 this week, but that is unlikely.... :(

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hello, bigbazinga.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for participating in our Poll and for including your observations, as well as a very informative link.

N.B. Please note that Hisense has now lowered their prices by $20 on both their models. The Pro now sells for $129 exclusively at Walmart stores.