Asus Officially Announced the Next-Gen TF701T Transformer Pad Infinity

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-transformer-pad-TF701T-2.jpg

They teased us for the last few days, and then late yesterday they revealed it. Asus announced their next-generation Transformer Pad Infinity, the TF701T. It comes with an unsurprisingly impressive array of specs and features. Heres the scoop:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 4 T40X quad-core
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 10.1-inch 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA, 300ppi) LED-backlit with IPS with 10-point capacitive multi-touch
  • 2GB DDR3L RAM,
  • 32GB/64GB onboard storage with microSDXC (tablet) & SDXC (dock) slots
  • 5MP F/2.4 rear camera with auto focus & 1080p Full HD video recording, 1.2MP front camera with 720p HD video recording
  • 802.11a/b/g/n (dual-band) with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR,
  • Micro-HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
  • USB 3.0 port, microSDXC card slot
  • Accelerometer, ambient light, e-compass, gyroscope
  • Speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology, microphone
  • Battery for Tablet: 31Wh lithium polymer with up to 13 hours battery life
  • Battery for Dock: 16Wh lithium polymer with up to 4 hours battery life
  • Color Dark gray
  • 263 x 180.8 x 8.9mm, 585g
  • 263 x 180.8 x 7mm, 570g
We don't know exactly when the tablet will hit store shelves, but we do know its pricing: Without the Mobile Dock, the tablet will cost $399, while the bundle will retail for $499. This seems like a pretty spectacular value for the amount of power and features you are getting. Sound off what you think of the new hotness from Asus.

Source: TransformerForums

Last edited:

Nemix

Sep 5, 2011
I think the rumors on the tablets costing $399 are not true...I think one of the ASUS reps may have been miss informed or confused that the current Transformer Prime Infinity 32GB will get a price drop to $399 and not the launch price for the new Transformer Pad Infinity...

edap

Dec 12, 2012
At the time the original ASUS Transformer launched, everyone felt it was an interesting idea but performance and the app ecosystem wasn’t enough for most people to replace their regular Windows laptop. Fast forward a couple years and such a thing is definitely possible. Android 4.2 is a big improvement from the old Honeycomb days, build quality is improved, battery life is also better, and performance should be 4x (perhaps even more) what we had just two years ago.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I think the rumors on the tablets costing $399 are not true...I think one of the ASUS reps may have been miss informed or confused that the current Transformer Prime Infinity 32GB will get a price drop to $399 and not the launch price for the new Transformer Pad Infinity...

I'd have to agree with that. I doubt very much that the new TF701T will be $399 for the bare tablet and $499 for tablet/dock combo. I'd love to be wrong, but the pricing doesn't make sense IMHO. Maybe the TF701T would cost that near it's EOL (End Of Life), but not initially.