Asus TF101 problems

matt127

Apr 16, 2012
Hey everyone, I have the Asus TF101 which was great until I got the ota to ICS. I get random reboots all the time and boot loops whenever it randomly reboots itself. I tried doing a factory rest 3 times like i read on the Asus forum but still the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Is this happening during use or just in sleep state?

neo727

Apr 25, 2012
In sleep mode it will reboot them boot loop
Uhg!!! Same thing here. They have has two updates since the initial ICS and it has only got worse. I too use the keyboard and seldom use them seperatley. I started noticing my battery going dead when I would go days without having recharge it now everytime I pick it up it is dead. Then I started getting reboot issues. Sometimes I would have it open and not using it it would reboot. Then sometimes I will open it u and it is on the reboot screen. I did a factory reset lastnight as this is getting very annoying. This unit has been great up until now. Tonight I came home and it is dead again.

I have not rooted it and am thinking I may better off doing so as it seems the programmers at ASUS cannot get it together.

Annoyed!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Uhg!!! Same thing here. They have has two updates since the initial ICS and it has only got worse. I too use the keyboard and seldom use them seperatley. I started noticing my battery going dead when I would go days without having recharge it now everytime I pick it up it is dead. Then I started getting reboot issues. Sometimes I would have it open and not using it it would reboot. Then sometimes I will open it u and it is on the reboot screen. I did a factory reset lastnight as this is getting very annoying. This unit has been great up until now. Tonight I came home and it is dead again.

Annoyed!

I use mine in a similar way. Almost a Pseudo netbook. I had almost the same problem about 3 weeks ago. I learned two things from it. Not sure, but think it is a "feature" or a firmware issue. My Tablet portion had a dead battery but the Keyboard base showed full charge.
I fixed it by disconnecting and charging the Tablet portion separately. And then verified the Keyboard dock was charged. Have not had an issue since.
I am not sure why the tablet side was not charging, but once it drained, I experienced this same odd behavior. Once I just charged the tablet individually, I have not had the issue since (3 weeks)

jboswell57

Apr 23, 2012
Yep I've experienced the same odd charging problem. Don't own the keybd unit. The power switch seems to be touchy at times not coming on after repeated attempts. What usually works is I plug the tablet it and upon disconnecting it I get it on. I'm on #2 tablet. A 3 yr ext. war. for $89 through Best Buy was a good idea.

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
Hey everyone, I have the Asus TF101 which was great until I got the ota to ICS. I get random reboots all the time and boot loops whenever it randomly reboots itself. I tried doing a factory rest 3 times like i read on the Asus forum but still the same. Anyone know how to fix this?

Rooting and installing EOS 4 worked for me.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD