Asus TF700-hard disk drive not getting detected using USB OTG adapter

hrssb

Mar 9, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum and to the world of tablet, please help me out with this problem:

I am using USB OTG adapter to connect hard disk drive to Asus t700 tablet. But asus tf700 is not able to detect the hard drive using this adapter. Please suggest solution of this problem.
Specifications:

• Hard drive is western digital 1tb portable hdd.
  • USB OTG adapter
  • Asus t700 tabletI am using USB OTG adapter to connect hard disk drive to Asus t700 tablet. But asus tf700 is not able to detect the hard drive using this adapter. Please suggest solution of this problem.
    Specifications:
  • Hard drive is western digital 1tb portable hdd.
  • USB OTG adapter
  • Asus t700 tablet

Thanks for ur help!

Regards,
hrssb:)

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Hrssb and welcome. You should use a program called Nexus Media Importer, that should fix the issue you experiencing. Get it here:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer
Enjoy!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum hrssb

You may have any one of several problems. The first is that some portable drives require more power than what the USB can provide. You might see if it's detected when you plug your Transformer into the charger at the same time you're trying to use the hard drive. Then there is a potential problem with the format of the drive, it would probably need to be either fat32 or NTFS. You might want to try reformatting it on your PC.

hrssb

Mar 9, 2013
Welcome to the forum hrssb

You may have any one of several problems. The first is that some portable drives require more power than what the USB can provide. You might see if it's detected when you plug your Transformer into the charger at the same time you're trying to use the hard drive. Then there is a potential problem with the format of the drive, it would probably need to be either fat32 or NTFS. You might want to try reformatting it on your PC.

Thanks for the reply. It is detecting usb mouse, and I have two hard drives - both WD- one is with 2.0 and second one with 3.0 usb port. When I connect both, it shows power light switched on in hard drives but there is no folder getting mounted in tablet. Could it be an issue related to driver/software?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No, no drivers available or needed to see an external drive but it looks like you are getting good followup on the other forum you posted the question on.

hrssb

Mar 9, 2013
Yes leeshor, i am posting on both forums as i want to know if there is a problem in adapter and if i should get it replaced or not.
And i am still not getting the solution if i should get this adapter replaced with any other adapter? or get a new adapter of same type?
Friends, please help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The adapter needs to be an ASUS adapter so your options are limited. See if a USB mouse works because if it does the problem is not the adapter.

hrssb

Mar 9, 2013
thanks leeshor for the reply. It is detecting usb mouse, and I have two hard drives - both WD- one is with 2.0 and second one with 3.0 usb port. When I connect both, it shows power light switched on in hard drives but there is no folder getting mounted in tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you go to settings > storage and don't see the ability to mount the drives it must either be a formatting issue with the drives or not enough voltage supplied to kick it in. Doesn't sound like the port.