Asus Transformer got the 3.1 update today?

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
I don't see why Asus got it before Acer when our tablet has been out for a little while now.

Hopefully we will get the update in the next few days.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
ASUS is a different company and does things their own way. Acer will push it out when the update is ready. It could well be that they have much more to incorporate into the update than ASUS did. However it goes, we should get it by the end of the month, as they stated earlier. I know we're all looking forward to it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
And be careful what you ask for. Another forum I belong to has a few threads on the issues being encountered with 3.1, chief among them being poor battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
That's no bueno...is the battery problem you're speaking of on xoom or asus tablets?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
That's no bueno...is the battery problem you're speaking of on xoom or asus tablets?
It appears to be on both, though I was reading it on the ASUS Transformer forum. One of the threads was 11 pages long when I first posted. It goes to show, people clamor for things and don't always know what they're asking for. Patience can save a lot of disappointment. I think it's getting to the point where these manufacturers are rushing things out to us because the Android crowd seems to be very demanding, as a whole. That's my take on it, anyway...