Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Coming Late June or Early July

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Asus-Transformer-Pad-Infinity.jpg

We have a pretty solid rumor that the Transformer Pad Infinity from Asus may actually hit U.S. retail shelves in late June or early July. A spokesperson from Asus supposedly confirmed as much to PC World Magazine on Wednesday. Here's a refresher on the spec sheet of this high-end behemoth:
  • 10.1-inch display (1920-by-1200 pixels) - with wide 178 degree viewing angle
  • Android 4.0
  • Optional 3G/4G mobile broadband connectivity
  • Quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 chip for gaming & Multimedia focused models
  • Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chip for models with 3G/4G LTE connectivity
  • Corning's Gorilla Glass 2 technology
  • 8-megapixel camera on the back with LED flash
  • 2-megapixel front camera
  • 10 hours of battery life - can be extended to 16 hours with an optional ultra-thin keyboard dock (with built-in battery and a full QWERTY keyboard)
  • The tablet weights 586 grams, which goes up to 1.1 kilograms with the dock.
  • Up to 64GB of storage
  • A micro-SD card reader and a USB port
  • HDMI (high-definition multimedia interface) port
Asus really is trying hard to throw everything but the kitchen sink into making this one a hard-core competitor to the iPad. Obviously many of us here in the forums view the Asus Transformer tablets in a much higher light than the iPad, but from a marketshare point-of-view, could this new one from Asus actually start stealing some of that marketshare? Share your ideas.

Source: TransformerForums via PCWorld

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Great tab, but I'm more interested in the 4G LTE Padphone than the 700. It should have the same Qualcomm sensor with all the usual transformer additions! That's going to be a great competitor against not only the iPad but also the iPhone.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I will be pre-ordering as soon as I find out when and where. I've been waiting and waiting for a tablet to peak my interest, and I'm throwing all the monies at Asus.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If it can be marketed effectively, the 700 with the keyboard dock offers a user experience, and functionality, superior to that of the iPad. It would take a serious advertising budget though. Samsung spent a considerable amount advertising the galaxy tab with pretty modest results. The same with Motorolawith the Xoom.

syzygy123

Jun 1, 2012
Does anybody know whether the screen is matte or glossy? If it is glossy, is it anti-glare? Glare and aspect ratio are preventing me from getting an iPad 3, and I don't want the same thing to happen here!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If it is like any of the other ASUS pads, it will be glossy. It should have IPS+ display that is readable in direct sunlight just like the Transformer Prime.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
This is going to be a great product!