ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Firmware: V10.6.1.14.8 update

runejors

Mar 27, 2013
Hi
my tablet will not update firmware automaticly, why?

I have downloaded the zip file and unpacked the file to SD. but it seems to me that the tablet don't recognize the file
i have following build no
JRO03C.us_epad-10.4.4.25
download file
US_epad-user-10.6.1.14.8.zip

wrong file ?

Rune

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It does appear you have the US version of the firmware "US" rather than the "WW" but there must be a reason why you didn't get the upgrade in the frst place. Go to settings apps - all and find CMClient and DMClient. tap each and tell them to clear the cache and force stop then restart and go to settings - about and check for the firmware update

runejors

Mar 27, 2013
No Change, "your system is up to date"
I bought this tablet in US, that's why i have used US version of firmware. should i change to WW??? will that help due to automatic update ?

the tablet should find the updated version on the SD card, or ?????

Rune

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I wouldn't try the WW version as it is looking at your location and knows you aren't in the US. Make certain you only extract the first file and if it doesn't work on the SD card drop it into the root of the internal memory. The same thing you see when you open the file manager.

runejors

Mar 27, 2013
thats my point. i am living in Norway. that might be the reason why it won,t find automatic update

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I noticed that but it should still be able to take the US firmware manually applied.