ASUS Transformer Pad TF701T specs official...

Nemix

Sep 5, 2011
Link:

Asus Transformer Pad TF701T specs, features, release date and pricing official

I was highly considering a 32GB ASUS Memo FHD 10 with Intel Atom for $349 but if the pricing rumors are true for the new ASUS Transformer Pad being $399 for 32GB version then I might totally reconsider and wait it out for the TF701T.

I mean for $50 more over the Memo FHD 10 I would be getting a superior screen, a much faster CPU, a slightly faster GPU (all considering the resolution difference in games) and better battery life.

The Memo FHD 10 still has better speakers IMHO since the ASUS Tranformer series all use the same speaker design having both on one side and I'm not a big fan of the metal backing on the Prime series either, the textured plastic backing on the Memo FHD still gets my votes since it's probably more comfortable to hold and doubles functions as extra grip for the pad.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I've been comparing both of these tablets and the pricing doesn't seem feasible for the TF701T given it's superior specs over the MeMO pad 10 FHD.

Has there actually been an "Official" announcement from Asus regarding the TF701T price? I see a few sites stating $399 & $499 but many others state that pricing hasn't officially been released by Asus. :confused:

Nemix

Sep 5, 2011
Yup me too...

ASUS also has a refresh Memo Pad 10 (non FHD) coming out which has the same Tegra 3 @ 1.6Ghz as the Prime Infinity but everything else remains the same as the current Memo Smart 10 including the screen.

Here's my guess on the pricing of the 3 tablets with the Memo FHD 10's price confirmed:

ASUS Memo Pad 10 | replaces current Memo Smart 10 with slightly faster Tegra 3 chip - $279 for 16GB (available end of this month/early next month)

ASUS Memo FHD 10 | Intel Atom about 2x faster then new Memo Pad 10 (refresh) but the Intel chip is not yet fully optimized for all Android apps, 1920x1200 display - $329 for 16GB and $349 for 32GB (just available now)

ASUS Transformer Prime Pad | Tegra 4 about 2x faster than the Intel Atom and 4x faster than current Tegra 3 chips, 2560x1600 display - $449 for 32GB/$549 with dock and $499 for 64GB/$599 with dock (available end of this month/early next month)

If my price guess is correct for these new ASUS tablets then IMHO the ASUS Memo FHD 10 is going to be the best value for my consideration despite the fact the Intel Atom chip is not yet fully optimized for Android OS.

Last edited: