Asus Transformer Prime Release Date Leaked December 16th; Available For Pre-Order Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-transformer-prime-preorder.jpg

The Quad-Core behemoth, the Asus Transformer Prime, went up for pre-order availability just yesterday. Also, some new info just leaked that the super-tablet will officially launch on December 16th. Supposedly, Amazon of all sources, leaked out the release date of the Transformer Prime to a customer in an online conversation. Obviously this could just be a rumor, although the screenshot below seems to suggest it has some merit. Still, even if the screenshot is legit, the Amazon employee could simply have been mistaken.

asus-transformer-prime-release-date-screenshot.jpg

Ultimately, since pre-orders have begun, it is possible that this date is solid, but we will just have to wait to find out. Here's a refresher on specs and price:
  • 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
  • Android 3.2 Honeycomb (ICS will come to it sometime early next year)
  • 10.1-inch display
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • A microHDMI-out port and SD card support
  • Available in gray or champagne
  • $499.99 for the 32GB model
  • $599.99 for the 64GB model
Who is intrigued enough to get this for the holidays?

Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena and BGR and AsusTablets

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
Gamestop has shown 11/28/11 and Dec 9th in the same day, and have heard from someone else that a best buy rep told the the 18th. Who the hell knows at this point sadly.

dabirds

Nov 28, 2011
Curious to know if anyone, who has placed a Pre-Order for the the Transformer Prime has received a Ship date? I ordered a 64 gb prime from Amazon (US) and the shipped date says After December 25th.

I see most sites only have the 32GB version. Anyone aware of any manufacturing/supply challenges with the 64GB version?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Curious to know if anyone, who has placed a Pre-Order for the the Transformer Prime has received a Ship date? I ordered a 64 gb prime from Amazon (US) and the shipped date says After December 25th.

I see most sites only have the 32GB version. Anyone aware of any manufacturing/supply challenges with the 64GB version?

You may be on to something, manufacturers tend to push the lower spec'd units out the door first, but it should be worth waiting a couple extra weeks for a 64gig tablet