Asus Transformer Prime vs Samsung Galaxy tab

Vlieghalwe

Dec 7, 2011
Please can some advise why there is such a price difference between the Galaxy tab and the Transformer prime?

Surely the Transformer prime should cost more as it is quad core??
Am I missing anything?

Please help

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Right now tablets are anything goes in pricing as all of the manufactures try and get the highest price they can for their tablets without their product sitting on the shelf. That is why you see $500 tablets drop to $99 two months after they are released. You aren't missing anything, Asus is just pricing more aggressively than Samsung right now which can be seen in the original Transformer price drop of $100 ahead of the Prime release.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Right now tablets are anything goes in pricing as all of the manufactures try and get the highest price they can for their tablets without their product sitting on the shelf. That is why you see $500 tablets drop to $99 two months after they are released. You aren't missing anything, Asus is just pricing more aggressively than Samsung right now which can be seen in the original Transformer price drop of $100 ahead of the Prime release.

You hit the nail right on the head there J515OP, I couldn't have said it better myself. I own the first generation (hard to believe I'm saying that already!!) ASUS Transformer and as far as I'm concerned ASUS is being very smart and tactical about their pricing for the Prime which is a superb machine I might add. I'm hoping to get one in the mail very soon! Samsung has nice tablets too, but lowering their prices a bit to match current market trends could do them a lot of justice especially with it being the holiday season and all.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have the TF101 and have been dooling for a TF201. Can't justify it as there is very little the TF101 cannot do that I ask it to (other than print money so I can buy a Prime). The TF201 is a sweet piece of hardware.