ASUS Transformer - Screen Not Responding To Touch

Dgolfin70

May 13, 2011
Hi everyone, just got an ASUS Eee Pad Trasnformer (without dock) today and set it up at work, played with it for bit and everthing was working fine.

Got home about 2 hours ago and now when I wake it from Sleep, the touch screen is not responding at all. Have tried everything, power is 98%, plugged into a PC, did the hard reboot. Eventually did the system restore and wiping the data to start setup again. But all to no avail.

The screen isn't responding at all. Its very frustrating as I want to play with it some more!!!

The system was stock standard, no rooting or firmware update. It was running 3.0.1.

Hope someone has experienced this and can help.

mnstence

May 17, 2011
I am one of the lucky ones that received mine the first week out. I also have had the same problem. If the tablet goes to sleep for 10 or 15 min., it wakes up OK. If it is left for an hour or so it wakes, but evidently does not install the touchscreen drivers. I have been able to reset mine by waking it, holding down the power button until it asks if you want to power off, release button then hold down again until the screen goes black. Next turn on tablet like normal. Hope this helps. Just a note, I did the firmware update and the problem still exists.

Roobi

May 22, 2011
I got mine 2 days ago, and now it stop responding on touch...
tried restarting and cleaning the screen with no luck :(

ARRRGH!

pbokros

May 25, 2011
I just got mine yesterday. Everything went well last night and I charged it to 100%. Now this morning it went to sleep and I experienced the same problem and cannot open the screen. I tried what mnstence said and it did not work on mine. Is it possible to contact Asus about this?

pbokros

May 25, 2011
I reported earlier that my screen was unresponsive to touch. Working with Asus Tech Support (which was a hassle, he kept putting me on hold) they had me do a total data wipe and the screen was still a problem. They gave me an RMA.

When I told them I just got it yesterday they would not pay for shipment or just swap for a new one. They also could not tell me how long it would take.

Very disappointed because I really like the device when I was working with it last night.

CDOG

May 30, 2011

Hello, just bought the transformer 05/25/2011.. use it noteven 4 hours in 3 days and the touch screen as stop responding......Did the systemrestore at least i had the external keyboard to work with but still no luck....the graphics on the asus site were blinking randomly like there was a short inthe graphics processing. Thank god i can return this piece to the store ibought it before it was too late....very disappointed as i have been an asus fan for a long time.....

olsen

Jun 15, 2011
Dear all.

I also got a Transformer. After I updated it to 3.1 it did exactly what has been described. I performed a hard reset (several times), factory reset, flashing earlier versions of the firmware many times but to no avail. I sended it back and received another one. After updating it to 3.1 (as suggested by Asus) the screen went unresponsive again. I read on another forum that it had helped discharing the battery completely so I did that. Voila... the screen is responsive again :) So BEWARE of installing the 3.1 update!!!!!

Cheers

Peter

musgrovej

Jun 17, 2011
Hi all. I also have a Transformer, and it's touch screen became unresponsive today. I rebooted the tablet a couple of times - but the screen remained resolutely unresponsive (could not unlock via touch). However, at the suggestion of a friend, I switched the tablet off, and left it switched off for 30 minutes before booting it back up - and the screen was operational again.

Background: I got this Transformer, with the keyboard dock, on the 2nd of June and immediately upgraded it to Android 3.1 - and I have had no trouble with it until today. Whilst the touch screen was completely unresponsive, everything else about the tablet seemed to work: it still auto-rotated, and I could unlock it using the keyboard - and navigate using the keyboard's touch pad. I tried un-docking, re-docking the tablet, rebooting whilst docked, and un-docked, but nothing had any effect other than leaving it switched off for a period of time. I did not have to discharge the battery - it was at 98% when I switched it back on (which I'm rather relieved about - discharging it may have taken some time).

kukukakikakek

Jul 15, 2011
is this problem solved yet?

i'm planning to buy asus transformer too, but kinda worried about this problem....

is the problem come after update to 3.1 or before?

HossUK

Jul 31, 2011
Received my transformer today and am also experiencing a problem with the responsiveness of the screen but I appear to have discovered what is happening.

I have the keyboard dock if I interact with the screen by just touching the screen with my finger and not touching any metal part of the device or keyboard with any part of my body the screen is totally non responsive. As soon as I touch the metal casing on the tablet itself or the keyboard dock the screen becomes totally responsive and works very well.

I would appreciate it if some of you could repeat the experiment and post your results here.

I have also experienced another wierd thing and would be interested if others have the same issue. When the keyboard dock is on charge or connected to my pc via the usb cable and I run my finger lightly along the flat metal area to the left of the track-pad it feels as though the metal is vibrating slightly however if it is not on charge and i run my finger in the same are its feels very different ie. smooth very strange ... anyone else feel the same thing?????

UPDATE:-

The strangeness continues ......

It appears that the screen is only non responsive as described above if it on on charge or connected via usb... If not on charge the screen is working fine even if I am not touching metal case.

dorel

Nov 12, 2011
Hi all. I also have a Transformer, and it's touch screen became unresponsive today. I rebooted the tablet a couple of times - but the screen remained resolutely unresponsive (could not unlock via touch). However, at the suggestion of a friend, I switched the tablet off, and left it switched off for 30 minutes before booting it back up - and the screen was operational again.

Background: I got this Transformer, with the keyboard dock, on the 2nd of June and immediately upgraded it to Android 3.1 - and I have had no trouble with it until today. Whilst the touch screen was completely unresponsive, everything else about the tablet seemed to work: it still auto-rotated, and I could unlock it using the keyboard - and navigate using the keyboard's touch pad. I tried un-docking, re-docking the tablet, rebooting whilst docked, and un-docked, but nothing had any effect other than leaving it switched off for a period of time. I did not have to discharge the battery - it was at 98% when I switched it back on (which I'm rather relieved about - discharging it may have taken some time).

how did you unlock using the keyboard - was it locked with a pattern? thanks

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
I have had this happen to me 2 different times and got transformer 1 month ago. Each time it was ok after forced reboot.

tabassam

Dec 14, 2011
I got the same problem. I got my Asus Eee Transformer three days back. It was working fine bu now the screen go unresponsive. I have reset the factory default but still does not work. Can anybody help. Thanks