Asus Transformer TF-101 / wifi

ziad.noman

Jan 31, 2012
Hello to everyone,
I just brought a Asus Transformer TF-101.
on the first day it worked perfectly, but then it had an upgrade to Android 3.2.1 and since then it would not connect to my router.. it just says scanning and obtaining IP address. wifi version : v5.2.65. build num htk75.ww.....8.6.5.21....20111216
My other devices are working on the same router. and i did restart router couple of time and did factory setting og my TF. but no luck
Could anyone kindly help me resolve this problem.
p.s. I am new at this technology

satai

Oct 4, 2011
If you have mac adres filters active in your router you should check if your transformer still has the same mac adres after the update and if it's still corresponding with the one in your router.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello ziad.noman, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets section for you. Someone there should be able to help you out.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I hate to ask this, but are you sure you have your WiFi password entered properly? It will not error out if you enter incorrectly, it will just say Obtaining IP address. Also, are you using WEP or WPA encryption? Some users have had issues with WEP and the handshakes not working correctly.

It may be worthwhile trying to remove the connection (long press on the WiFi network and select "Forget") and then add it again.

ziad.noman

Jan 31, 2012
If you have mac adres filters active in your router you should check if your transformer still has the same mac adres after the update and if it's still corresponding with the one in your router.

Mac address is not same.

ziad.noman

Jan 31, 2012

how i will change my mac address filter in TF. IT LOOKS LIKE THE NEW MAC ADDRESS. WHEN I WILL GO HOME I WILL CHECK
THX

ziad.noman

Jan 31, 2012
i hate to ask this, but are you sure you have your wifi password entered properly? It will not error out if you enter incorrectly, it will just say obtaining ip address. Also, are you using wep or wpa encryption? Some users have had issues with wep and the handshakes not working correctly.

It may be worthwhile trying to remove the connection (long press on the wifi network and select "forget") and then add it again.

i did remove and reconnected but outcome is same. I have wpa/wpa2. But how can i change it.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
I suggest you download wifi analyzer, which will give you detailed infomation on your wifi connections. Keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive and must be exact matches. The security type must also be an exact match also make sur you are using the correct key.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

satai

Oct 4, 2011
Mac address is not same.

I have the same problem with my second (cheap chinese ) tablet, each time i install the firmware the tablet had another mac adress.
(i can't explain why, always assumed mac adres was hardware related)

And i also have to set the time and date before it will connect to one of my routers.

Anyway the solution is to adjust your mac adres table in your router and you should be fine.