Asus Transformer TF101

Zram49

Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone have a TF101 that refuses to charge with anything except the original Asus house adapter? I cannot charge mine from my computer, or with a car charger even though it has USB capabilities. Looking for an answer for mobile charging dilemma. I even tried a 500W inverter and no dice. Just a little frustrated after a weekend with only a 12V power source and a dead battery. Thanks for any help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only way to charge a Transformer is with the original wall wart or another one that outputs 15v. Most only output 5v. Your inverter should have worked if you were using "the" charger. Your computer doesn't have enough amperage or voltage to charge faster than 3% per hour under the best of conditions but it will charge it, with the tablet off.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Also, it WILL charge (albeit slowly) off of a standard USB port. It will NOT indicate charging, but with the screen off it will charge at a rate of about 3% per hour.

Zram49

Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I will try leaving it plugged into my computer overnight once and see. I will also try leaving it on the inverter longer. It showed no indication of charging there even with the original adapter. Thanks again for the feedback.