Asus Transformer vs samsung galaxy tab

gtlifter

May 13, 2011
So im looking to buy one of these two, the Asus Transformer or the samsung galaxy tab. There within 50$ of each other new so whats the better buy?

jodypress

Apr 29, 2011
I've played with teh Galaxy Tab 1 and it's a nice piece of kit. The Asus Transformer is a very nice tablet and honeycomb is great. Throw in the keyboard dock and I have to say the versatility is fantastic. I should know I bought a second Asus, this time with the keyboard dock. Girlfriend now has the first tablet.

gtlifter

May 13, 2011
I've played with teh Galaxy Tab 1 and it's a nice piece of kit. The Asus Transformer is a very nice tablet and honeycomb is great. Throw in the keyboard dock and I have to say the versatility is fantastic. I should know I bought a second Asus, this time with the keyboard dock. Girlfriend now has the first tablet.

The asus is dual core too right?

droid2010

Aug 12, 2010
xoom got a little faster speed, i read from a review,i also wanna to get a Asus Transformer,but not sure till now:(

Spencer513

Jun 5, 2011
It all depends on your personal needs. The Galaxy tablet, so far, isn't shipping with an active SD slot for expanded memory. There is no 3g version available yet, only the wifi version. There is no HDMI out port, only talks about a special cable being customized for the power port on the Galaxy. Samsung has been very suspicious on releasing the specs and the prices for the Galaxy. Right now they are still unsure of when they are going to ship to the rest of the US. June 17th is the tentative date. The Transformer has everything the Galaxy is missing, I think. Except again there is no 3g version of the Transformer either. 3g is a must for me so I am waiting to see who comes out with a 3g model first before I make my decision.

With the keyboard docking station, I think the Transformer is the better choice between the two. Galaxy is lacking so many options that should be standard in today's tablet market.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
It all depends on your personal needs. The Galaxy tablet, so far, isn't shipping with an active SD slot for expanded memory. There is no 3g version available yet, only the wifi version. There is no HDMI out port, only talks about a special cable being customized for the power port on the Galaxy. Samsung has been very suspicious on releasing the specs and the prices for the Galaxy. Right now they are still unsure of when they are going to ship to the rest of the US. June 17th is the tentative date. The Transformer has everything the Galaxy is missing, I think. Except again there is no 3g version of the Transformer either. 3g is a must for me so I am waiting to see who comes out with a 3g model first before I make my decision.

With the keyboard docking station, I think the Transformer is the better choice between the two. Galaxy is lacking so many options that should be standard in today's tablet market.

Right and wrong on some points. The 4G Samsung will come out in a months time imo. Preorders will be available on the 8th. That version will also have SD card support. There are also adapters that allow USB and HDMI output.

However, I think the two major differences and things you want to consider are

1) USB, microSD out of the box, has keyboard dock which is wicked (ASUS)
2) A lighter and more solidly built tablet (Samsung)

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I have the 32 gb transformer and love it! I ordered the keyboard dock and can't wait for it. I would go with transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

bjblackmore

Jun 5, 2011
I also had the option of going for the Samsung or Asus and went for the Asus (as you can tell from my signature), with Keyboard dock, and I don't regret it for a second! I love the Transformer, the dock also has a MMC, SD, SDHC slot, 2 extra USB ports, and gives an extra 8 hour battery life. The keyboard is also very responsive, and feels well built. It makes replying to forum threads very easy :)

But my main reason for going for the Transformer over Galaxy Tab was the screen size! I have a HTC Desire HD, which has a 4.3" screen, and the Galaxy Tab is only 7", which isn't much bigger, and probably not going to be big enough for my needs. The Transformers 10.1 was much more suited to HD film watching, browsing, emailing etc.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Might want to consider the Toshiba Thrive tablet aswell. A little thicker but has full sized USB/HDMI and SD card ports.

Priced at $429-8GB, $479-16GB, $579-32GB.

pre-orders start on the 13th I believe and should start shipping early July.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Why Thrive when Acer's tab looks much better?

However, if it camw down to Acer, ASUS or Toshiba...I would go with ASUS Transformer hands down

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Why Thrive when Acer's tab looks much better?

However, if it camw down to Acer, ASUS or Toshiba...I would go with ASUS Transformer hands down

Just throwing more options out there. :)

androidgigee

Feb 24, 2011
Hey the asus transformer is the best selling tablet for the last week, according to best buy and tiger direct...better than the ipad. Just maybe we have a winner on our hands. But I believe the new 10.1 galaxy is going to seriously challenge the ipad1-3

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

DJACID

May 7, 2011
I just ordered the transformer after selling my iPad 2,
The transformer I think is the perfect step up from the iPad 2...

klindsay1824

Jun 10, 2011
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3G which is the perfect size to slip into a pocket and stay connected on the move but the screensize is compromised for portability.

I was going to buy the 10.1 Tab when it is eventually released in the UK but was so impressed with the transformer that I bought one to replace my netbook. Brilliant piece of kit which I find compliments my 'go anywhere' pocket size tab perfectly.!