ASUS ZENPAD 10 - Disconnecting router itself ?

123ashleyp

May 2, 2016
Hi All
New here..

I have recently purchased a Asus ZenPAD10 tabletand it connects fine on my home WIFI and mobile hotspot. I took it to my parents and while trying to connect to their wifi the router imply resets itself! The tablet connects fine for about 10 seconds then disconnects resetting the router.

Their router is a plusnet thomson and already has a computer and other tablet paired to it.

I dont understand how the Asus can simply communicate to the router to reset itself!

I ahve gone into the ADMIN area of the router and changed a couple of the 'channels' but im stummped

Anyone have any ideaS?

( I have tried to upgrade the asus but it says im up to date - some other forums state to delete 'wifi repair' but I cannot find this software anywhere on the tablet)

Ash

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Ash

If you mean the router reboots that's so out in left field and sounds so implausible I can't imagine that the router isn't a part of the problem.

123ashleyp

May 2, 2016
Welcome to the forum Ash

If you mean the router reboots that's so out in left field and sounds so implausible I can't imagine that the router isn't a part of the problem.
I know tell me about it!

The tablet connects fine then after about 5-10 seconds the router simply resets itself once I try and use the internet/ app etc on the tablet. The wiffi drops out and the router has reset