Audio Issues

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone else was having troubles with audio not working after unlocking Vizio. It does not happen all the time but when it does I mst restart the tablet. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
This happens to me as well. Very occasionally. And a reboot is needed. I have not been able to track down what causes it.

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
I am not rooted and do not know if some application or launcher is causing this. I might contact Vizio soon to see what they say.

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I also think that after enabling sounds for key presses it seemed to stop

Last edited:

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I have had that but so intermittent I could not figure out what is was, I assumed it was a low memory issue, rebooted and it would be fine.

Rawkfist

Nov 14, 2011
I have had the same problem occasionally when I insert headphones. Not sure what it is. But its fixable by rebooting.

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
See I know that rebooting fixes it but it is just annoying having to do it. I am trying to audible sounds like someone mentioned in hopes of solving the problem

Lenar

Nov 4, 2012
See I know that rebooting fixes it but it is just annoying having to do it. I am trying to audible sounds like someone mentioned in hopes of solving the problem

That doesn't working. Occasionally sounds disappear after lock-unlock. Anyone has same issue? Maybe someone fixed this problem? Please help.

fin1hms

Dec 18, 2012
I had the same intermittent issues as everyone else. But rebooting fixed the issue until a couple of days ago...
From reading this and other forum's it appears to be a known issue. I contacted Vizio and even though this was a Christmas present it was purchased last November so it is outside the 1 year warranty by a month.... Ugh!!!!
But--the SoundAbout fixed my issue! OMG! I checked the notifications to speaker box and then checked speaker under Media Audio. Thank you so very much!
Vizio's repair shop wanted $40 to just diagnose the problem...and that did not include the actual repair or shipping to/from.
Thanks so much!!!!