Audio Problems with Vizio Tablet

Serla

Oct 21, 2013
I have the 8 inch Vizio tablet Model VTAB1008.
The audio stops working out of no where. Even if I plug the headphones in, it doesn't work.
Usually when I completely turn it off, and then turn it back on again, the audio will work for a while, but then it will eventually stop working again.
The apps I use are just facebook, twitter, youtube, or instagram. No game apps or anything.
I've tried reformatting it, putting it back to default settings, didn't work. I've also tried SoundAbout, didn't work either.
The customer service guy told me to kill my apps before going to another app, saying sometimes one app doesn't give permission for another app to play sound, so I have done that using the Advanced Task killer, but no solution.
Anyone know what could be wrong?
Thanks for the help.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
No clue, Serla. You could try a factory reset (save any data you have, first, and you'll have to re-install, re-configure everything afterward), but this is kind of sounding like a hardware problem, to me.

Good luck,
Jim

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If it was a software problem, the audio wouldn't come on at all, I don't think. So, if a factory reset doesn't help, send it back.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Oki on my device the sound just went off, I mean no sound at all. The problem was the HDMI port needed to be cleaned!. The tablet thought it was connected to a TV. So I cleaned it using a toothpick. Works good now, just give it a try. And be careful not to break the port, cos it's too thin.