Augen Gentouch Recommended Apps

jdelgado

May 11, 2010
How do you guys have RotateD working when I run it it changes for just a sec and it goes back to landscape

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Twitter, Facebook, Memory Lite, Advanced Task Killer Pro, (SetCPU and CacheMate) these two need the root shell access.

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
how do I get swiftkey beta to work?

I installed it and checked off swiftkey under keyboard settings but I cant get it to work

some help please

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
HMMM... odd... i loaded it with no probs... where'd you get the APK?

I got mine off of droid-life.. there is an older version of the beta..it may not work..

here's the link to the article on droid-life and a link for DL in it

Download: New Swiftkey Beta | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

it installed fine then had to access the net to DL a library file to the SD.. so you'll need net and SD access after the install..

Aug 10, 2010
Actually the best way to install applications is if you have an android device or know someone with one who can do this for you and send it.

Basically...

1. Download and install all the market apps that you want on your augen device onto your android phone.
2. Download "My Backup" onto the main android device (phone)
3. Hit "Backup"
4. Hit "apps"
5. Hit "APKs"
6. Name your Backup as "Augen"
7. Attach your Android Phone to the computer or take the sd card out and use that
8. Insert the SDcard from your Augen GT
9. Copy/Paste the "rerware" folder in its entirety to your Augen SDcard
10. Download and install "My Backup" onto your Augen GT
11. Plug in SD card to Augen
12. Open "My Backup" and Hit "Restore"
13. Hit "Applications"
14. Hit "APKs" and click through to install all
15. Voila! all of your applications have been put onto the Augen GT in a single boon!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
microsdhc to sdhc adapter to PC SD slot
some transfers can be done from the host pc to G78 via the web site server. Or upload site. That works too.

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
HMMM... odd... i loaded it with no probs... where'd you get the APK?

I got mine off of droid-life.. there is an older version of the beta..it may not work..

here's the link to the article on droid-life and a link for DL in it

Download: New Swiftkey Beta | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

it installed fine then had to access the net to DL a library file to the SD.. so you'll need net and SD access after the install..
does anybody know where to download the latest swiftkey beta .apk?

I got it to work and it works great however a get this huge popup every 10 seconds saying the beta is expired
its really annoying

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Check out File Expert in the new app market... its a file management app, yeah I know like there's not enough of those on this thing,... BUT this thing has a built in HTTP server... it can connect ur Gentouch to ur PC via ur wifi... you can browse the SD card and even upload to your SD via an upload link right there in internet explorer.... saves having to attach cable and mount and move files from directory to directory... considering all u can access is the NAND memory... plus saves having to take the card out and reinsert, and considring how hinky that is with the gaping maw around the SD slot.. lol

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
It's in the new APP Store that Augen has offered up to compensate for the lack of use of the Android market the apk is on their support page under downloads then the tablet catagory....

I don't have my tablet here at work but if you hit the folder tab at the top of the screen it will bring up the app catagories and it's under Utilities, then sub catagory, File managment..... if my memory serves me correctly.... or you could jsut doa search but you have to let the app do a sync with the app store before you can.. and it takes a few min...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
It's in the new APP Store that Augen has offered up to compensate for the lack of use of the Android market the apk is on their support page under downloads then the tablet catagory....

I don't have my tablet here at work but if you hit the folder tab at the top of the screen it will bring up the app catagories and it's under Utilities, then sub catagory, File managment..... if my memory serves me correctly.... or you could jsut doa search but you have to let the app do a sync with the app store before you can.. and it takes a few min...

That app has access to it. I guess time to load it back in then. Thanks