Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

madman29729

Aug 29, 2012
well im trying to install this on my new coby 8042 tablet and well once installed it shows the android logo then immediately the screen goes black.. same with the cyanogenmod 9 rom... the 8042_update works just had to change out the touch screen drivers...

anyone know how to get this working?? i have already tried redownloading and replacing the vendor folder still goes black...

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
Most roms out there could be modified to work with Coby, I am not going to do all that work though, when I fine a nice looking rom like this one I do plan on modifying it, giving credit to the author as well as a link to the original rom thread.

You need to have cwm recovery already installed, place on sdcard and boot into recovery use cwn to install 7042_Mobiz_V.2.zip #note always have at least one good backup before flashing any rom.

this changes sdcard mount points, sdcard will be the small micro card you insert in tablet, internal will be /mnt/sdext

to read about rom.

[ROM] Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.1 by wasan007 (Based on Feiyu 0515) - SlateDroid.com

7042 download below #note this is for 7042_boot and not 7042_boot1
7042_Mobiz_V.2.zip

I am currently testing a version for 8042 haven't uploaded it at this time, there will be two versions for 8042, one installs to tablet other will install to sdcard for those that are using boot_ds.img.zip , eg running /system and /data from sdcard. the latter is my preferred method.

credits go to
wasanoo7

added init.d support zip should work on any android.

7042_init.d_support.zip
No new Updates For Coby Kyros mid 7048? lol ^_^
i'm bored now in my tablet hahahaha xD

yubitme

Aug 26, 2012
I installed this on my 8042 and my contacts and contacts provider apk aren't working. Contacts doesn't show up in app draw either. I keep getting sync error and gaaps force close. I anyone else have this or a solution? I have already re flashed and same thing. I really like the rom though.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I installed this on my 8042 and my contacts and contacts provider apk aren't working. Contacts doesn't show up in app draw either. I keep getting sync error and gaaps force close. I anyone else have this or a solution? I have already re flashed and same thing. I really like the rom though.

have you tried to update gapps?

yubitme

Aug 26, 2012
How would I go about updating gapps? Would I need a specific version. It's been a while since I have messed with roms

yubitme

Aug 26, 2012
Also noticed download provider isn't working so I can't download anything from play store but can only side load and use other app stores. Everything else seems to be working fine.