Will this rom work on a 7022?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
ht3.jpg
jh88.jpg
dh3.jpg

No, it wont work on 7022.

bigfish79

Jun 15, 2012
hey vampirefo i tried your little tip for finding out if my tablet is boot or boot1
i got "goodix 12c test ok"
so this means i cant use this rom ?
its lookes realy good tho nice find

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Well thanks to vampirefo Ifinally have this rom installed. I love it so far. I have noticed a couple things- 1. when you try to use the google search at the top left it gets an error most of the time and 2. it seems like the wifi isnt as fast. Anyone else notice this? Thank you again vampirefo.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
for search click the magnifying glass,then on top right click 3 small squares then click settings, then uncheck first one, google search suggestions, now it should work.
wifi works fine for me, I would thinks it's faster than stock, not slower.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hey vampirefo i tried your little tip for finding out if my tablet is boot or boot1
i got "goodix 12c test ok"
so this means i cant use this rom ?
its lookes realy good tho nice find

I don't have a tablet with goodix, so I can't say this rom would work or not. If you have cw recovery installed you could make a back then try this rom and post back. you can always use cw recovery to restore your backup.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
for search click the magnifying glass,then on top right click 3 small squares then click settings, then uncheck first one, google search suggestions, now it should work.
wifi works fine for me, I would thinks it's faster than stock, not slower.

Thaks again for the help. searchis working perfectly.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
aura doesnt work with the goodix but i made a frankinstin build for us goodix peoples.. check it out
Download 7042_update1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
dsp is working - not with pandora though
framework and launcher pulled from aura i edited framework battery icon. some other misc stuff
works good on my 7042 havent had a crash yet. order and chaos works although none of my ea games do =/

Sounds good I am currently looking at aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622), may port it to 7042, and 8042 if it suites me.

aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622) seems to run really well on my 7042, it has less apps then Mobiz V.2, it takes a while on first boot to get everything settled, then it's smooth.

Last edited:

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
dymedog said:
Thaks again for the help. searchis working perfectly.

Search without google suggestions is hardly working perfectly. If you actually want to fix this problem you need to install the latest gapps.

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
Sounds good I am currently looking at aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622), may port it to 7042, and 8042 if it suites me.

aurora_feiyu_mod_(0622) seems to run really well on my 7042, it has less apps then Mobiz V.2, it takes a while on first boot to get everything settled, then it's smooth.

its 4.0.4 cool! hey vampire is there any chance we will see a kernel with int.d support and mods because the stock kernel is kinda bunk. id like sio and vr i/o's. interactive seems broken it just locks at 100% like performance and it overclocking/undervolting would be sweet!

rsk002

Jun 19, 2012
The 7042_boot provides permanent root, and forces adb to su permanently. Coby has modified their boot.img to prevent permanent root. So I undo what Coby did.

I was able to get permanent root without flashing a new image. I simply moved su from /system/xbin to /system/bin. While I do have to explicitly "su" when connecting with adb, I have encountered no other issues and was able to install gapps and everything else. Are there any downsides to my method?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
rsk002 said:
I was able to get permanent root without flashing a new image. I simply moved su from /system/xbin to /system/bin. While I do have to explicitly "su" when connecting with adb, I have encountered no other issues and was able to install gapps and everything else. Are there any downsides to my method?

There are no downsides, there are many ways to get the results we want. Everyone can choose what is best for them.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Last edited:

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Vampirefo did you ever try to install a custom boot animation. I did install superuser from the market and for some reason applications don't call for it. Everytime I try to install boot animation which rom toolbox or manually with e s file explorer it breaks the build.