Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If you install superuser you have to go into it's settings and update su. I have no problems with custom boot animation.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
its 4.0.4 cool! hey vampire is there any chance we will see a kernel with int.d support and mods because the stock kernel is kinda bunk. id like sio and vr i/o's. interactive seems broken it just locks at 100% like performance and it overclocking/undervolting would be sweet!

added 7042_init.d_support.zip to first post, should work on any android.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
vampirefo. said:
I haven’t yet seen a tablet default to portrait mode, if your did, sounds like a problem off the bat, a tablet is just too big to default to portrait mode, it's default landscape mode, perhaps you should go back to stock and test it again. This rom uses only the su binary as root, if you want superuser app you can get that from market. upload your boot animation so I can test it on mine. google play shortcut? I have two of them, one on main screen one in app folder both work.

I have found an app that allows the tablet to be locked into any or orientations, just tested the app, it can indeed lock the tablet in portrait mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.eyesfree.setorientation

Ok so Ive realized now that anything from my list of boot animations (in rom toolbox app) that says "tablet friendly" will make the default plain android animation be the boot. The animations that do work are portrait ones that the tablet flips to landscape while cutting some it off. Almost like the tablet is forced into landscape mode. All i know is this, in the stock rom the tablet boot animations work. Also in the stock I noticed if your using the tablet with auto rotation on and then turn off auto rotation it stays in portrait (but slide screen stays auto as in this rom).In this rom once you switch auto rotation off it goes to landscape. This rom seem to have an affinity for landscape for all things, the boot and auto rotation deals seem connected.

Correction: its not all the the tablet friendly boot animations in that list, out of the four i tried 3 failed and brought up the default. I know one for sure worked on the stock. If you feel like trying it vampirefo its tablet machine azul in rom toolbox boot animations. I have tried just copying it with es file explorer into the proper folder but it failed to load.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
ziggyzag said:
Ok so Ive realized now that anything from my list of boot animations (in rom toolbox app) that says "tablet friendly" will make the default plain android animation be the boot. The animations that do work are portrait ones that the tablet flips to landscape while cutting some it off. Almost like the tablet is forced into landscape mode. All i know is this, in the stock rom the tablet boot animations work. Also in the stock I noticed if your using the tablet with auto rotation on and then turn off auto rotation it stays in portrait (but slide screen stays auto as in this rom).In this rom once you switch auto rotation off it goes to landscape. This rom seem to have an affinity for landscape for all things, the boot and auto rotation deals seem connected.

Correction: its not all the the tablet friendly boot animations in that list, out of the four i tried 3 failed and brought up the default. I know one for sure worked on the stock. If you feel like trying it vampirefo its tablet machine azul in rom toolbox boot animations. I have tried just copying it with es file explorer into the proper folder but it failed to load.

Just tried table machine azul, works just fine on my 7042.
also I just added flaming skull to my 8042 works just fine, so the rom isn't the problem. the problem is on your end, either it's your tablet or it's something you installed causing your problems.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
catscase said:
Hi all

Does anything for 7033 ?

It is a tablet very near from the 7022.

thanks

7042 is nothing like 7022, nor will this work on 7033.

bigfish79

Jun 15, 2012
vampirefo. said:
I don't have a tablet with goodix, so I can't say this rom would work or not. If you have cw recovery installed you could make a back then try this rom and post back. you can always use cw recovery to restore your backup.

soon as i get a day off from work i will try this out sir vampirefo and will report back

rcurs

Jul 13, 2012
Do you guys have source code available for this ROM? I am hoping to add usblp (usb serial printer) support to my coby MID7042. I tried to get the kernel 3.0.8 sources from here:

https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner.git

and build usblp, but no dice. I compiled with the arm-2010.09-51 version of sourcery. I got the module version to match the kernel version (3.0.8), but I could not insmod. I think the issue is that my kernel configuration must have been different from the stock. It's tough when they don't include a /proc/config.gz. I did temporarily root my device with the instructions found on these forums (mempodroid 'sploit).

I'm a beginner to trying to cross-compile for android. If anyone here has a link to the sources for the ROMs that work with the MID7042 or knows of working ROMs that have a /proc/config.gz (so I can try to recreate the kernel config), I'd much appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows of roms that have usblp compiled as a module, let me know.

Thanks!

rcurs

snows

Jul 2, 2012
Hey vampire, is possible a version from the Mobiz v3 ICS 4.0.4 for coby 7042? tks for port Elvish 0.4 :)

Aug 8, 2012
I installed the ds version of this rom after flashing the ds boot image and partitioning my sdcard. I like the rom and it works great except that it doesn't see the fat partition on the sd card. When I boot into recovery, cwm defaults to the fat partition. When I mount the storage to the computer, the on phone 1.2 GB file system and the 10GB fat partition show up. The ext4 partitions no longer show up, since flashing the ds boot image (which is expected). In settings /storage, sdcard showed up as mounted, but didn't have a size or any info. It stayed the same after unmounting and remounting. To clarify, this is on the 8042.

Thank you for all the work that you have done on this device.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I installed the ds version of this rom after flashing the ds boot image and partitioning my sdcard. I like the rom and it works great except that it doesn't see the fat partition on the sd card. When I boot into recovery, cwm defaults to the fat partition. When I mount the storage to the computer, the on phone 1.2 GB file system and the 10GB fat partition show up. The ext4 partitions no longer show up, since flashing the ds boot image (which is expected). In settings /storage, sdcard showed up as mounted, but didn't have a size or any info. It stayed the same after unmounting and remounting. To clarify, this is on the 8042.

Thank you for all the work that you have done on this device.

it's mounted under /mnt/extsd/179_1

in terminal or adb type

busybox df -h

mine looks like this

/dev/block/vold/179:1 10.0G 3.1G 6.9G 31% /mnt/extsd/179_1

you can if you want edit vold.fstab and have your sdcard mount as sdcard, right now it mounts as extsd

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Anybody else having camera issues. When i switch to video mode in the camera app the image gets all sqished and distorted. If I use a video call app like google+ or skype The image also seems distored and when you change the orientation to landscape it stays portrait but the image goes upside down. I think some things need to be ripped from the stock rom and put into this rom. Orientation itself seems off, such as when i lay it flat on a surface it wants to go landscape, and a set orientation app is no substitute for being able to hold the tablet in the orientation you want and then just switch off auto rotation, then its locked which is how the stock works. Also has anyone using google voice for text ever had the entry field all of a sudden go unreadable and what u type goes into the field but u cant see it. I also assume as a whole this forum gave up on getting us a working dictionary and spelling correction. Hope im not the only one we these issues.

Mid7042, not goodix.