auto load my apps to nex7

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
just got my nex7. is there any way to load up my apps to the nex7 automatically without doing so individually from the app store? i got a bunch and i would rather not search for them all to install. does the nex7 recognize all my apps through my accounts when it syncs?

thx guys

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Easy but maybe not the best idea. Doing that without restarts every so often may gum up the works. But if you insist. ;)

Go to the Google app, tap the bars or settings upper right corner. There you will find a setting for auto updating apps that should also auto install.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
Easy but maybe not the best idea. Doing that without restarts every so often may gum up the works. But if you insist. ;)

Go to the Google app, tap the bars or settings upper right corner. There you will find a setting for auto updating apps that should also auto install.

i'm not sure what you are referring to. do you think auto installing is a bad idea? i should do it manually 1by1.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i'm not sure what you are referring to. do you think auto installing is a bad idea? i should do it manually 1by1.

Yes I do. I have helped dozens of people on another forum who did the auto install and had problems. The only way most managed to correct the problems was installing the apps in small batches with restarts between batches. Unlike PCs, Android tablets don't suggest or recommend a reboot after any, much less all, app installs. (think about that for a moment if you own a PC, as most programs ask you to restart)

In fact, based on some of the issues I've seen, when I have a list of more than 5 apps that need updating I do them one at a time and my tablet has always been solid as a rock. I can't say the same for some of my customer tablet owners that did not follow my "suggestions". I would guesstimate you have a 30% chance of total success doing the auto install. It's completely up to you.