Auto Reset - Removed Autonooter

klfaulk

Jan 15, 2011
I did but they are both gone now. All android aps are gone except gmail, market, nook color tools, and superuser. looks like fresh start, huh? not so bad, he says hopefully.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh gee I've done it like 5 times (owned 3 units). It gets easier each time!

-Matt

klfaulk

Jan 15, 2011
Matt, I really appreciate your help. I have to go pickup horse feed now. I should be back in about 30 minutes.
ken

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Good timing! Just found out I'm taking my daughter to a 3-hour skate party. You can probably hear the joy in my voice.

Let us know when everything is working!

-Matt

klfaulk

Jan 15, 2011
ok, back to 1.0.0 was easy. huskermania video on you tube was very easy to follow. Now on to updating to 1.0.1. I've downloaded the sideload_update.zip from BN. I will copy that zip into the root of the nook via usb. Then disconnect from usb and let the nook do the update.

If anyone sees a problem with this method, let me know.
ken

ok, that too was easy. Now back to autonooter.

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
ok, back to 1.0.0 was easy. huskermania video on you tube was very easy to follow. Now on to updating to 1.0.1. I've downloaded the sideload_update.zip from BN. I will copy that zip into the root of the nook via usb. Then disconnect from usb and let the nook do the update.

If anyone sees a problem with this method, let me know.
ken
Looks perfect. Just remember to let your Nook sit there quietly minding its own business, after you copy the zip to the root directory. It should update automatically. I'm sure you remember what it looks like but here's a shot for those who are following along:

$300px-Flashing.jpg

-Matt