Availability

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Have we been able to determine where this is available from CVS? I know a number of the folks with it seem to be in the northern states. Do we know if anyone in the south has it? More specifically, anyone in Central Florida area?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I would wait until the new tablet with Android OS 2.2 with Flash 8 is made available or might be now then to get the ones with hardware issues and Android OS 2.1.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Which makes a lot of sense.... if it's even available in the Southern US, specifically Florida. So far, I haven't been able to find anywhere in the Tampa Bay area where it's available, only the Sylvania. I've even tried checking a few CVS's in the Orlando area and don't see anything.

techyted

Apr 1, 2011
I just bought one at A CVS here in Huntsville Al. They were out of stock but got a new shipment in this week.

This CRaig will do me until Coby release their new Cortex based models this summer.

Regardless of what people say about the Craig as a tablet, its a fine ereader.

techyted

Apr 1, 2011
tipstir - my screen is OK. Not perfect...because I can see the "touch panel seam gap" about 1mm all around the screen, but it really doesn't bother me or affect usability.

When I run a terminal shell, I am not seeng the cut-off text you were showing inthe pictures in the other threads.

Last edited:

techyted

Apr 1, 2011
tipstir -based on your experiences interacting with the Craig folks....and my prior (limited) experience with other Craig products in the past, I would not hold my breath on seeing the upgraded 2.2 ROM for this model anytime soon. And I certainly wouldn't hold out hope that this thing would ever run Flash 10.x, because Adobe simply doesn't support it.

Mind you, I don't think Craig is outright lying or anything. They may think a 2.2 update is imminent. But I just don't think they understand what they are promising or they are being told something by somebody in China that is ummm...suspect.

Hope I am completely proven wrong in what I am saying. But like I said....I am not holding my breath waiting for Craig. :)

That all said, Shad's ROMs have really made my CMP738a into a decent Android 2.1 device. But that is all I ever expect it to be.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
This comes from the President of Craig to me...

Again, the way you describe our product is very surprising and disappointing to me in light of the fact that several independent third party reviewers and bloggers have raved about the product both in terms of value AND features. Several people have told me it is the best 100 dollar tablet in the market, possibly even the best one under 169 dollars, and we are very proud of that accomplishment.

However, as I mentioned to you in my previous email, customer service is extremely important to our company and if you send me back your unit, I will happily send you a new one.

Please let me know.

He's new at this tablet marketing, maybe one day they'll make it. They're company seems to be family owned. I don't know they seem more worried about CVS and CMP738A. After 2 of them with the same flaw and the battery short life not worth it. Rooted ROM is okay just the product has some issues I can name two so far. I can tell you one thing they don't want you to return the tablet back to CVS. But CVS Produce Exec told me to take it back and we'll give you back your money. That's the plan this week.

Last edited:

Ding Berry

Apr 7, 2011
2.2 is noticeably and annoyingly slower on this. Shad's 4.3 rom is better. The 2.2 stock browser is in no way faster than the current one. They have about the same number of bugs.