avi player

way318

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, I am new to android tablets and have just got one, but it won't play avi files.

Can you advise what avi player I can download?

Thanks

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
you may try mobo player, it's one of the best android players, but i can't make sure it can play all the avi files. as far as i konw, avi is a container format, it can contain different video and audio codec. Not all the codec supported by mobo player. so the playback with some issues. However, you can convert avi to h.264 mp4, which is friendly with most tablets :eek:

Last edited:

robotiques

Sep 12, 2011
RealPlayer Beta for Android works great on my Kyros 7022. I don't have access to the Android market, but it is a direct free download from AppsLib. It does more than play just .avi it plays other video and audio formats as well.

thegreymatter

Sep 10, 2011
RealPlayer Beta for Android works great on my Kyros 7022. I don't have access to the Android market, but it is a direct free download from AppsLib. It does more than play just .avi it plays other video and audio formats as well.

why dont you have android market on your kyros?? try downloading arctools.

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Rockplayer is good andwill play. Avi files....however there are many flavors of. Avi files depending on the codex used by the program that created the avi. Bottom line some will play and others will not unless you get the proper codex installed...I know how to do this on a windows machine, but not an Android tablet.

For me I convert video files on my PC to mp4 file that I know will play on my GTab and copy to the tablet..

Luckily, the avi files from my Canon camera will play directly on my GTab without conversion.

Perhaps there is a codex pack that can be installed on your tablet?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
you may try mobo player, it's one of the best android players, but i can't make sure it can play all the avi files. as far as i konw, avi is a container format, it can contain different video and audio codec. Not all the codec supported by mobo player. so the playback with some issues. However, you can convert avi to h.264 mp4, which is friendly with most tablets

MoBo is what I use to play AVI content. It will install and then direct you to download some codec. It will then take you to the AM page to get the codec. Once installed just open the app, let it scan the SD card for media, and then play.
As a player, if you are looking for something to play AVI through your browser? Not sure on that.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Rockplayer plays nearly everything I throw at it, it has a rather complete codec package. Most is done through software decoding of course.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

criver

Oct 20, 2011
MX Video Player - even better than Mobo player - plays even soft subs in mkv - you can kill the ads with AdsFree.