Avoid Coby Tablets, Coby USA doesn't stand behind its products....

Dec 12, 2011
So, if you are planning to buy a tablet for someone in the family, PLEASE AVOID COBY tablets. I purchased tablets for the family for Christmas last year and not one that I started with do I still have. Three had some sort of people early on and had to be sent back to Coby (cost of $75 for shipping and return shipping) for repair or replacment. Coby sent replacement tablets for the three that broke. TWO of those have problems, one didn't last 6 weeks before the touchscreen quit and the other lasted 4 months before the screen went nuts and became unuseable.
I've been emailing Coby to get a monetary refund of original purchase price and except for a form letter, I've heard nothing.
Coby products are suspect at best and the company does not stand behind what they make. Instead of buying a new Coby, buy a used tablet from eBay. Tom's was a good quality refurbished tablet and it's been perfect the whole year. I ended up replacing mine with a used one like his and the feel and quality are so much better.

Mrdaviso

Mar 29, 2011
I like Coby tablets have owned 6 now, I recommend Coby tablets.

You get what you pay for, these tablets aren't for the everyday user honestly, they are to impatient to say the least. That said I would/will purchase Coby again as I am a budget shopper with 5 children..... That's another of many reason's we don't but the high-end devices.

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using Xparent Blue 2
My Race Videos

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Other than having to repair the power jack on my roommate's 9742 after the cat knocked it off the table the Coby tablets have worked well, without major issues. They would be even better with dual core CPUs, but for the price they're fine for what we use them for.