awaiting my new a 500

Nedser

Jun 25, 2011
can any tell me what makes people bye this A 500 and not an I pad also does anyone know if it can be upgreaded to 3G

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
There are several possible reasons but they're different for everyone. If you have an Android phone it makes sense to stick with an Android tablet because you probably would have invested a good deal of money in Android apps and they can be used on the tablet without having to buy again. Same can be said for a lot of people who buy the iPad, though several people invest in both. As far as the A500 over other Android devices, it comes down to budget and your proposed usage. I bought the A500 because it was what I wanted to spend for a tablet (as opposed to the Xoom, at the time), I have a ton of Android apps, I love its connectivity options and its styling. I'm happy with my decision and have no envy over the other devices, as the Android devices are very similar in function and stats. The support for this tablet has grown pretty quickly (much faster than I expected) by way of being rooted, custom roms, cases and other accessories. For me, that makes a winning proposition. Hopefully, you will find that you love the A500. If not, there are now several others out there that may yet fit the bill. Again, the differences between the Android devices really come down to size, weight, materials used, styling, and support. The Tegra 2/Honeycomb family (to which this belongs) are basically the same underneath the hood (...basically...)