B&N Free Friday Books

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Glad you're enjoying it. If not, I heard they'll refund twice what you paid for it.:cool:

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
10/7/11 Today's book is Blood Safari by Deon Meyer.
That looks like a very good read. Unfortunately: I've got a book I bought two weeks ago I haven't even started and another I bought over a month ago I've barely touched. Just been too busy to do much reading :(

Jim

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That looks like a very good read. Unfortunately: I've got a book I bought two weeks ago I haven't even started and another I bought over a month ago I've barely touched. Just been too busy to do much reading :(

Jim

It doesn't cost you anything to download them for reading at some future date ;) You never know when the reading bug will hit and at least you'll have some books in your library when it does :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It doesn't cost you anything to download them for reading at some future date ;) You never know when the reading bug will hit and at least you'll have some books in your library when it does :D

Excellent point JP, there's no time limit for reading (only for buying while it's still free). If space is a consideration, you can Archive the books until you're ready to read them. I've got about 30 books archived right now, many of them are reference manuals that I periodically look things up in and then re-archive.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
10/14/11 Today's book is Blue by Lou Aronica.

As a special bonus, the prequel novella to Blue, Until Again, is available for free as well.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
10/21/11 Today's book is http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Blue/Lou-Aronica/e/9781936558018 Blood Ties by Lori G. Armstrong.

Julie Collins spends her days working as a secretary at the county sheriff’s office fantasizing about solving crimes on her own. But unlike most daydreaming desk jockeys, Julie actually takes matters into her own hands by moonlighting as a private investigator. Driven by her half-brother’s murder, Julie believes she can give proper attention to unsolved crimes that law enforcement has abandoned, and possibly find out more about his untimely death along the way.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
10/28/11 Today's book is The Habitation of the Blessed by Catherynne M. Valente.

A fascinating twist on the Prester John legend. For those unfamiliar with the story, Prester John was said to have ruled over an ancient utopia, inspiring hundreds of explorers to seek out his lost kingdom.

In The Habitation of the Blessed, Valente re-imagines this stunning community, presenting a spellbinding world that will capture your imagination in the same way the original legend captivated Medieval daydreamers. Set in 1699, a missionary stumbles on this fabled Eastern kingdom, finding many of the splendors it promised—the fountain of youth and a tree that produces books instead of fruit—but even more unexpected secrets await. It's soon clear that even the most magical place on Earth has a dark side.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
11/04/11 Today's book is Man Law by Adrienne Giordano.

Man Law has everything you look for in a great romance. When security consultant Vic Andrews meets the stunning Gina Delgado, he does his best to resist her charms. For a lone wolf like Vic, a widow with three kids is a lot more baggage than he can carry. But after an innocent fling, Vic finds himself falling for the charming but tough Gina. Soon she’s caught up in one of his security jobs, and as Vic fights to keep Gina and her family safe, he finds that playing dad may be a role he’s well-suited for.