B&N Free Friday Books

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for posting that Gloria. Now that I've seen Fabio and Sly mentioned in the same paragraph, I can check that off my "bucket list".:rolleyes: That video really is funny, Fabio must have a great sense of humor or they paid him a huge amount of money.:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Funny he was funny and very confident. He didn't need the money, he comes from a very good family..... he just wants the fame I guess, it didn't come in the form he dreamed of but it is still fame..... who doesn't know Fabio!

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
11/25/11 Today's book is Liberation of Alice Love by Abby McDonald.

When we first meet Alice, she’s a straight-laced, responsible woman who always does what’s expected of her, and never steps outside the lines. But when a colleague steals her identity—and her credit card—to set up a glamorous life in Hollywood, Alice is confronted with a tough question: where has all of her rule-following gotten her? Someone else is living it up at her expense, and she’s stuck with the bill.

Soon Alice is seizing the day, doing all of the exciting things she was always too afraid to do, and it turns out to be a whole lot of fun. Will Alice transform completely into a wild woman, or will she decide that there’s a happy medium somewhere between her old self, and her new carefree persona?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
12/02/11 Today's book is Needle in a Haystack by Ernesto Mallo.

Being a homicide detective is hard work, but it’s even more challenging when violence and corruption are so rampant that murders are just a part of everyday life. Those are the conditions that Inspector Lascano finds himself working in—a Buenos Aires preoccupied by political strife. While Lascano investigates a triple-murder, he’s navigating in a city where justice is in the eye of the beholder, and facts don’t always coincide with political expediency. Like many good cops caught in a bad situation, he’s forced to decide whether uncovering the truth is worth the personal risk.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
12/09/11 Today's book is Skipped Parts by Tim Sandlin.

Set in the 1960s, Skipped Parts follows the exploits of teenager Sam Callahan and his unconventional mom Lydia. When the duo is forced to relocate to a small town in Wyoming, Sam feels like a fish-out-of-water until he meets an intriguing—and attractive—girl named Maurey. With the wild Lydia as his role model, Sam encounters some hilarious bumps along the road as he and Maurey navigate the always-awkward world of teenage romance. Anyone who clearly remembers the challenges of young adulthood will laugh along with Sam and pull for him to emerge a little wiser, and without too many scars.

nookfan

Dec 9, 2011
I'm new to the Free Friday nook books having only downloaded 2 or 3 of them. Today I went looking for the free friday book and had trouble finding it on the B&N website. I looked in daily find, nook deals and finally did a search on friday free book. I must be missing something very obvious. It appears I can come to the forum to get the link every Friday but . . . . seems like there should be an easy way to get there on B&N?

Thanks for info.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It appears I can come to the forum to get the link every Friday but . . . . seems like there should be an easy way to get there on B&N?

You'd think there's an easy way, but I've got to scrounge around to find it myself every Friday. In the beginning, they'd send an email with a link straight to the book, but they stopped that after a few weeks. I suppose this is their way of getting you to look at all the stuff on their site. Every time I figure it out and bookmark it, they move it. Just click the title in my post and you'll go right to the book. That way I'll be the only one who has to become a B&N products expert.:cool:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Thanks for the hard work, Spider. I appreciate you tracking down these books.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

nookfan

Dec 9, 2011
thanks spider for 2 things...1 - for doing the research every Friday and providing the link for us all and 2 - helping me feel a little less inept.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for the hard work, Spider. I appreciate you tracking down these books.

You're welcome, it's nice to know people are enjoying the books.:cool:

thanks spider for 2 things...1 - for doing the research every Friday and providing the link for us all and 2 - helping me feel a little less inept.

1. It's kind of a game for me, they hide the book and when I find it "I WIN!".
2. For some reason, it's easy for me to be inept enough for both of us.
Thanks for the thanks.:cool:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also, it isn't just the free Friday books. There are a lot of free books Nook Books in general but it is the same deal with trying to find them. It isn't obvious how to get to the free section but once you are there you can find them all together. Just go nuts and download a bunch because by the time you finish reading one after downloading you won't be able to easily remember how to find them again.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Excellent idea JP, they can be archived until you're ready to read them so they won't be taking up space on your tablet. I've got about 30 books archived right now. In another week or so, when the football season is over in Chicago, I plan to do a lot of reading on Sunday afternoons.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
12/16/11 Today's book is Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich.

This series debut kicks off with adventurer Ethan Gage winning an Egyptian medallion in a Parisian card game, setting an international chase in motion. Once the medallion is in Gage’s possession, and he’s framed for murder by a group trying to get their hands on the mysterious artifact, he quickly realizes that it’s not just a commonplace keepsake.

In lieu of jail, Gage is offered a chance to join Napoleon’s forces as they seek to overtake Egypt. Believing that his medallion may hold the key to ancient Egyptian secrets, our hero jumps at the chance to follow wherever the adventure may lead. Could the treasure reveal the truth behind the creation of the pyramids? And will Gage uncover the secrets before getting swept up in Napoleon’s ill-fated campaign? This riveting historical thriller will keep you guessing until the last page.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I totally agree, it immediately became the the next book to read on my ever growing list.:cool: