B&N Free Friday Books

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
12/23/11 Today's book is The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More by Yvonne Jeffrey.

With Christmas just around the corner, who couldn’t use some last-minute holiday cheer? Today’s Free Friday’s selection—The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More by Yvonne Jeffrey—is packed with all sorts of ways to make your Christmas a merry little one. Give your home a facelift with holiday decorating tips, impress your guests with homemade gift how-tos, and share classic Christmas stories and songs with your family. This all-in-one guide offers everything you need to make this the best Christmas ever.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
They are going to
jump from Thursday to Saturday.....they'll miss the Friday free book!:)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
12/30/11 Today's book is The Inside Ring by Mike Lawson.

The first book in this critically-acclaimed series introduces Joe DeMarco, a tough, shrewd ‘fixer’ for the Speaker of the House. When high-stakes investigations need to stay under the radar, the Speaker calls Joe: the type of guy who will get things done, and not ask any questions. So when an assassination attempt on the President leaves two men dead, raising suspicion that the Secret Service may be compromised, DeMarco is called upon to track down the facts before things spiral even further.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
07/15/11 Today's book is County Line by Bill Cameron.
07/22/11 Today's book is BARNES & NOBLE | Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy by Gregory Salsbury | NOOK Book (eBook)
07/29/11 Today's book is Grace by Deneane Clark
08/05/11 Today's book is BARNES & NOBLE | Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook
08/12/11 Today's book is The Call: Book 1 in the Magnificent 12 Series by Michael Grant
08/19/11 Today's book is First, There Is a River by Kathy Steffen
08/26/11 Today's book is Scott O’Connor’s novel Untouchable
09/02/11 Today's book is The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie.
09/09/11 Today's book is Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen.
09/16/11 Today's book is Summer of Fire by Linda Jacobs
09/23/11 Today's book is Gap Creek by Robert Morgan
09/30/11 Today's books are Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon and Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason and Invisible by Lorena McCourtney.
10/07/11 Today's book is Blood Safari by Deon Meyer.
10/14/11 Today's book is Blue by Lou Aronica.
As a special bonus, the prequel novella to Blue, Until Again, is available for free as well.
10/21/11 Today's book is Blood Ties by Lori G. Armstrong.
10/28/11 Today's book is The Habitation of the Blessed by Catherynne M. Valente.
11/04/11 Today's book is Man Law by Adrienne Giordano.
11/11/11 Today's book is The Journey Home by Michael Baron
11/18/11 Today's book is Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu
11/25/11 Today's book is Liberation of Alice Love by Abby McDonald
12/02/11 Today's book is Needle in a Haystack by Ernesto Mallo.
12/09/11 Today's book is Skipped Parts by Tim Sandlin.
12/16/11 Today's book is Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich.
12/23/11 Today's book is The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More by Yvonne Jeffrey.
12/30/11 Today's book is The Inside Ring by Mike Lawson.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
1/6/12 Today's book is I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School by Caroline Taggart.

The perfect read for the New Year. Who doesn’t need a little refresher course on all of those important things we learned in school, but somehow escaped our memory over the years?

Taggart covers a plethora of subjects, from presidential trivia, to the periodic table, to the Pythagorean theorem. With this wide-ranging collection of facts and figures, even the most erudite reader will re-learn something new. And thanks to Taggart’s witty, colorful writing, these lessons are much more engaging than when you had to sit through them the first time.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
1/13/12 Today's book is Don't Know Much About Mythology by Kenneth C. Davis.

In this edition, Davis offers an engaging, layman-friendly lesson on ancient mythology—exploring cultures from around the world. While you probably have a vague idea of where everyday terms and concepts like “Pandora’s Box,” “Achilles’ Heel,” and “Wheel of Fortune,” come from, after reading DKMAM you’ll feel quite confident going into your next game of Trivial Pursuit on family game night.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'll definitely let you know if that happens, there are a few I'd grab up myself in that list.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
1/20/12 Today's book is From the Ashes by Jeremy Burns.

Burns' conspiracy thriller gets off to a fast start. Michael Rickner, the son of an eminent archaeologist, is found dead of an apparent suicide, but his brother Jonathan knows that something more sinister is at play. The brothers have traveled the world investigating historical mysteries, and this time Michael may have stumbled too close to the truth. Michael's death came just as he was close to revealing a plot that tied together the Hoover Administration, the Rockefellers, and the rise of Nazi Germany, and some powerful forces would do anything to keep the connection a secret.

Now Jonathan and his fiancée are looking for clues in Jonathan's work, hoping to prove his suspicions and reveal a terrible decades-old conspiracy.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is it just me or does the selection seem to have gotten a lot better the last couple of months?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Is it just me or does the selection seem to have gotten a lot better the last couple of months?

I totally agree JP, several of the recent ones have gone straight to the top of my "To Read" list. It might just be that they appeal to our interests though and others folks might disagree.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I disagree or better.....nothing yet to my taste but i keep hoping:)

Samsung Galaxy Note