B&N Free Friday Books

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
3/30/12 Today's book is Dare to Die by Carolyn Hart.

She came in the rain. Alone. On a bicycle.
Annie and Max Darling are completely unprepared when the arrival of a mysterious young woman shocks their sea island and stirs up more than just gossip.
It turns out that Iris, the beautiful stranger, is a former resident of Broward's Rock. Her arrival throws the normally happy town into a downward spiral that pits neighbor against neighbor.
Things take a turn for the worse when Annie befriends Iris and invites her to attend the Darlings' party at the pavilion where Death is the uninvited guest. Suddenly, Max and Annie find themselves in the middle of a fight they don't understand and at the mercy of an unknown assailant who's trying to kill them—and all they know is that it is one of their friends.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
4/6/12 Today's book is Leaving Before It's Over by Jean Reynolds Page.

When Roy Vines married his second wife Rosalind, he paid a high price—forgoing his part of the family fortune, and severing ties with his parents and twin brother Mont. But when Rosalind falls ill, and he desperately needs money, Roy must return hat-in-hand to his hometown. The plot grows more intense when Roy’s son from his first marriage reappears and accuses him of abandoning his original family to chase after Rosalind.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I suppose something spooky would be appropriate wouldn't it.:rolleyes: We won't know until morning, apparently the person who posts it at B&N actually sleeps once in a while.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
4/13/12 Today's book is The Rules of Life by Richard Templar.

The first edition of this bookbecame a global phenomenon, topping bestseller charts around the world. This new, even better, edition includes nine brand-new rules to take you further, faster. In this book, Richard Templar brings together 106 practical rules that happy, successful people follow, even if they've never thought about it. These are realistic, commonsense things you can do differently, starting today... small things that make a powerful difference. Templar offers real wisdom on telling the difference between what's important and what isn't... focusing on changes you really can make... using your intuition... learning positive lessons from your regrets... having great dreams and making practical plans... staying young... forgiving without becoming a pushover. Follow The Rules of Life. You'll feel better. You'll be a better friend, partner, and parent. And you'll leave the world a better place.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I guess they went with something to offset instead of play into Friday the 13th.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
They just don't know how to play the game.:rolleyes: A nice spooky mystery would have been much more apropos.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
4/20/12 Today's book is The Devil's Cradle by Sylvia Nobel.

In exchange for an exclusive story, feisty, flame-haired reporter Kendall O'Dell agrees to accompany 20-year old Angela Martin to claim her inheritance-a remote gold mining town in southern Arizona. But the bargain soon proves perilous as Kendall delves into the girl's past and unearths a family history of insanity, jealousy and violence that appears to have an eerie connection with the present. Is Angela the genuine heir, or a clever imposter? Was her father's recent death really an accident? And why was she never told of her deranged half-sister who perished in a mysterious fire eighteen years earlier?

Kendall's quest to find the answers leads her into a frightening labyrinth of events and she must risk her life to expose the shattering secrets that threaten to destroy the lives of everyone involved.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
4/27/12 Today's book is The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham.

"The Wars of the Roses come spectacularly to life in Susan Higginbotham's compelling new novel about Kate Woodville, sister to Queen Elizabeth of England. A sweeping tale of danger, treachery, and love, The Stolen Crown is impossible to put down!" -Michelle Moran, bestselling author of Cleopatra's Daughter

"A fascinating and compelling look at a tumultuous era. Susan Higginbotham writes the perfect blend of historical fact and fiction." -Elizabeth Kerri Mahon, creator of the Scandalous Women blog

"A new King with a secret Queen; love and tears, loyalty and turmoil. With a single stroke, Susan Higginbotham transports her readers into a vividly portrayed past, where the turbulent lives of her characters become very real. Probably her best novel yet!" -Helen Hollick, author of the Pendragon's Banner trilogy

"A tale of love, palace intrigue, and betrayal...Susan Higginbotham draws the reader under her spell, her characters vivid and real: their voices, their loves, their losses. She brings the dead to life."
-Christy English, author of The Queen's Pawn

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
5/4/12 Today's book is The Billionaire's Curse with Bonus Material by Richard Newsome.
(NOTE: There are two editions of The Billionaire's Curse available--only the Bonus Edition is free)

What kid wouldn’t be overjoyed to inherit a fortune from a long-lost aunt? Think of all the candy and video games you can buy with that kind of scratch! But when 13-year old Gerald Wilkins lucks into a gigantic inheritance, he quickly learns that there’s no such thing as a free lunch.

It turns out that there are some pretty substantial strings attached to this unlikely windfall—including a letter implying that Gerald’s aunt was murdered, and imploring him to track down the killer. Even more disturbing is Gerald’s realization that the killer may actually be tracking him.

Now this Australian teenager is off to England for the adventure of a lifetime. And as the investigation gets more dangerous at every turn, Gerald’s just hoping he’ll live long enough to enjoy life as a newly-minted billionaire.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds pretty fun. Strange you only get the bonus material book. Oh well there is always next week :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well that's what I thought at first too. Maybe I misread the link when I was checking it out. What I thought I saw was it was a book of bonus material only which would be strange but the free books are like that sometimes.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I just checked the copy I downloaded to my PC and it's the complete book with excerpts from his next two books at the end.