Back light dimming

johnhwyman

Apr 26, 2011
My A500 sometimes dims the back lighting and other timesnit doesn't seem to work. I can't figure out what is happening or what I can do so it works normaly. The settings arendor automatic.

John

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
If the a500 has a light sensor like I think it does, it is adjusting according to how much light there is. Try putting the settings on manual.

johnhwyman

Apr 26, 2011
I was asking if anyone else was having problems with the automatic dimming!!

Of course it has a sensor, if it didn't it couldn't vary with ambient light.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Could be something simple like your body casting a shadow on the sensor or your hand/finger blocking it as well...... If you put it on manual you can at least rule out the possibility of a bad back light. How badly does it vary?

jai134

Sep 15, 2010
I had to test this. I'm using a case from PDair. When I'm writing I have my tablet on "the stand" in a lower angle. That means the tablet is upside down. I think that there is a sensor on the front close to the volume button. When using it upside down and writing I'm covering the sensor and the screen is dimming. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you put the screen-brightness in auto mood and holds your hand over that, what I beleive is the sensor, the screen goes darker.