Background Data Enable - Help Please

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
I have a Nextbook Ares 8 tablet i purchased three days ago. Within those days I've noticed an on-going problem with Google Play, getting a message saying "Background Data Disabled Google Play Store needs background data to be enabled” followed by Learn more or Quite options below. Every sites I've been on mentions a enable data button under Data Usage or Power Saver Mode options in settings...well i don't have that, just "Network Restrictions". I Enable Google Play Store and i still receive the message. I've found no help nowhere else on the internet asking this same question. Can someone help me please since this is the #1 tablet community?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Are you connected to WiFi? Can you open a browser and go to any WEB site?

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Yes and for some reason there is an exclamation point next to the WiFi icon.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It doesn't sound like it's connected. Tap the connection and tell it to forget and try again until it says connected.

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Its connected. I'm on it now but the exclamation point is still there. Could that possibly be the reason of the background data problem?

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Done. Still there. I've reset my tablet, cleared cache/data for google play apps and I still got the message. It won't even let me use google play ( after data message) until i clean cache & data.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You have a couple other options. The first one I would try is doing a factory reset on the router, or at least stopping any security long enough to check it. The other one would be to find a public WiFi somewhere and test it there.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There should be a spot to disable the security. I can't suggest where to look but if that works there are some changes you might be able to make that would allow you to enable it again.

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Didn't mean for extra caps. I'll do the router security but my issue is how to enable data on my tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm doing everything I know how to do to get you on WiFi so you can get something done. The specs on your tablet say 3-4G (pay as you go, contract may be required for service) and WiFi. Those are 2 different things. You may be talking about 3-4G data but WiFi should allow you to do the same things. I have no idea if you actually have a data plan or not. One step at a time. You may in fact need to purchase a SIM card or a data plan for the 3-4G.

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you, there is no SIM card slot. I have WiFi on, it works. But by data, i'm talking about the background data. How do i enable the background data? The instructions I've seen on the internet for this issue all say to simply touch "Allow background data" button. It's not that simple for me because i don't have that button anywhere in Data Usage area. I've attached a photo to show you the message i get in the Google Play Store. I hope it can clarify what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• bgdandrd.PNG
    bgdandrd.PNG
    99.3 KB · Views: 606

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thank you, there is no SIM card slot. I have WiFi on, it works. But by data, i'm talking about the background data. How do i enable the background data? The instructions I've seen on the internet for this issue all say to simply touch "Allow background data" button. It's not that simple for me because i don't have that button anywhere in Data Usage area. I've attached a photo to show you the message i get in the Google Play Store. I hope it can clarify what I'm talking about.
Turn on background data - Google Play Help

Sent from my BatDroid using Tapatalk