Background

lokegud

Jan 8, 2011
I feel kinda stupid creating a user just for such a simple task, but I've tried everything at this point and am lost.

So I got one of the white pandigitals at Kohl's, updated the firmware and then put pandigital's android system on it. Bought an 8gb SD card to go in it (On sale at borders for about $20).

It's running beautifully, not a hitch. I don't have market, but I don't really need it when I can download free apps off the internets, straight to the device and install them from there. The only app i've had issues with was the Adobe Flash Player, which will not install. Oh, and the on-screen keyboard is infuriating.

Now, the issue:
I cannot use an image I have downloaded as a background. I can use the pre-set Android ones and LauncherPro's pre-sets, but I cannot find a way to use any other image.

Any Ideas?

lokegud

Jan 8, 2011
Ah. Just finally noticed another post in the forum which should answer my question. I'll try that.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Not sure flash works on the pandigital - you might google it for sure. As to the background I think you need an app from what I've read. This is from another question here on the forum. "To change wallpapers I had wallpaper plus and was able to use my pics."

indiandevil

Oct 29, 2010
thanks.. did that.. works nice. except some apps i am having trouble is that since there are no dedicated menu button, specially adilko book reader. i can only shut it off after reading the book as i cannot access menu.. flashed it to the android open platform version. lets see how that one works.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
lokegud- go to slatedroid.com to their pandigital forum. That's where I got all my apks. Use the newbie threads- lots of help and good to know stuff. Good resource. You might be able to use their search post tool to find it. Or try the market. Good luck.

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
Trying to download PanDigital's Open Android System on my brand new Novel and their site keeps going down in the middle of my download! ARGH!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I don't know what the exact differences are with the firm wares but why don't you try some in the pandigital section I installed one and it is working great with market and everything and I threw together a small app package for these that you might want to check out. Thread is also in the pandigital section. And flash needs android 2.2 to work at all. I think that answers all the questions so far

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
When yo have rooted your pdn, the volume up button is your dedicate menu button and the volume down is your back button

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App