backing up entire ROM - how?

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks.

So, I recently installed UD 3.1.2. I like it, except for video not working. Thus, I want to try Phiremod 5.1.

A couple questions:

1. since they are both gingerbread versions, do I need to completely wipe the Nook in order to try Phiremod, or could I somehow install "on top" of the existing ROM?
  2. how do I make a complete backup of the current Nook, so I could easily go back to it if I prefer UD over Phiremod?

Thanks!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
CWR will back the entire thing up. Wipe your caches first, to avoid wasting space on the card. To back up my v5.1, I boot from my CWR card, go to "Backup and Restore", then Backup.. It puts the backup on your bootable card, so you're ready to reinstall as soon as it boots.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You should also run a Titanium Backup. This will make is really easy to put back any specific apps and data you want on your new ROM.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
The CWR backup of my 5.1 brings everything back, apps included.. I have a UD 3.1.2 on there too, and I know if I restore it, everything will be there.

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
What is the best way to wipe all the cache from every app on the Nook? Is there a feature on Titanium that simply wipes all?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
What is the best way to wipe all the cache from every app on the Nook? Is there a feature on Titanium that simply wipes all?

A few options:
1. A app called Cache Cleaner, free on the market
2. Best more complete way: Use CWM recovery, wipe cache & wipe dalvik cache

...and no, titanium backup can only wipe dalvik cache one app at a time... I believe.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
CWR will do it.. Just leave system and data (and boot, for the love of God don't touch boot!) alone.. Wipre cache and Dalvik cache.