xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Autonooted 1.1. Running CWR 3.0.1.0

boot into CWR and backup yields the following:

SD Card space free: 150xx
Backing up boot...
Backing up system...
Can't mount /system!

Now, every time i try it again (of course hoping a reboot fixed it) the free card space does go down by about 7MB. Is this thing backing up? Should I check before moving onto next steps?

thanks!

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Go back into the Rom Manager and flash CWR only pick Nook Color (old) instead of the one you picked or if you had picked Nook Color (old) then pick the other one, then try it again. I know it doesn't sound all that technical, but it worked for me and many others.

kookahdoo

Dec 23, 2010
I had the dame problem until I flashed cwm into Nook Color. The Nook Color (old) didn't work.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2011
Verify that it worked. I've had issues with the backup not generating an md5 sum. I'm using the Nook Color version, so I'm going to try the Nook color (old) and see if it fixed that issue.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Any chance you folks can post your system version, rom manager version, cwr version - plus state the issue and fix you did? I'm trying to figure out why one version works for some and not others.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Any chance you folks can post your system version, rom manager version, cwr version - plus state the issue and fix you did? I'm trying to figure out why one version works for some and not others.

B&N 1.1
Rom Manager V3.0.1.2
CWR 3.0.0.5

I used Nook Color old

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
B&N 1.1
Rom Manager V3.0.1.2
CWR 3.0.0.5

I used Nook Color old

And when you flashed recovery from RM, and selected 'Nook Color' you received a 'can't mount /system error' when trying to create a backup, correct? But flashing recovery with 'nook color (old)' worked fine?

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
And when you flashed recovery from RM, and selected 'Nook Color' you received a 'can't mount /system error' when trying to create a backup, correct? But flashing recovery with 'nook color (old)' worked fine?

Yes, the first time I picked "Nook Color", when trying to backup it said can't find /system. After reflashing and picking "Nook Color Old" it worked fine.