Banging headache, need help! x220 tablet.

ray1970

Apr 5, 2011
bump for info / help
Hi
How are you iv'e done a lot of checking on wifi issue and used about 5 different routers,
companies iv'e solved wifi dropping and problems are virgin,talktalk,sky,bt,3,heres what i have done you need to go into your router settings on a windows computer?
you need to make sure your on a different
channel i've set them all to channel 6,
wan setup-MTU size = 1500 inbites,
vpi = 0,
vci = 40,
DHCP = ON,
wpa/wp2,psk mix mode,
wpa =tkip+AES,
SEND SYS LOG= DIABLED
FIREWALL= OUTBOUND= ENABLE ACTION ALWAYS
INBOUND= ENABLE ALWAYS
let me know i had a few problems myself most with dropping youtube,also your router may need updated drivers if you have not updated for a while go to your router manufacture website and see if you have up latest drivers installed

urgentmode

Aug 5, 2011
Bobo2000 said:

Found that thread the other day, though i'm not completely sure what I'm looking for, newbie to tablets and not sure if this one (x220 A1CS) is actually a proper superpad2/flytouch3

ray1970 said:
companies iv'e solved wifi dropping and problems are virgin,talktalk,sky,bt,3,heres what i have done you need to go into your router settings on a windows computer?
you need to make sure your on a different
channel i've set them all to channel 6,
wan setup-MTU size = 1500 inbites,
vpi = 0,
vci = 40,
DHCP = ON,
wpa/wp2,psk mix mode,
wpa =tkip+AES,
SEND SYS LOG= DIABLED
FIREWALL= OUTBOUND= ENABLE ACTION ALWAYS
INBOUND= ENABLE ALWAYS
let me know i had a few problems myself most with dropping youtube,also your router may need updated drivers

Hi ray1970
No problem with my actual router, mate. Running a WRT54GL on Tomato Firmware, all my other devices work brilliantly over wifi, just this tablet seems to be fitted with either a terrible antenna or the official firmware i'm using doesn't optimize it properly.

I've looked around a few forums and seen that this is a paticularly common problem with x220 tablets, sadly. So was hoping for perhaps a good link to third party firmware that might be able to help?

Would love to hear from anyone with an x220 tablet using third party firmware if it's helped with the WIFI at all.

Thanks.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
What is the Hardware Id "hwver" ?

Code:
#cat /proc/cmdline

Sent from my MiniTab

ray1970

Apr 5, 2011
Found that thread the other day, though i'm not completely sure what I'm looking for, newbie to tablets and not sure if this one (x220 A1CS) is actually a proper superpad2/flytouch3

Hi ray1970
No problem with my actual router, mate. Running a WRT54GL on Tomato Firmware, all my other devices work brilliantly over wifi, just this tablet seems to be fitted with either a terrible antenna or the official firmware i'm using doesn't optimize it properly.

I've looked around a few forums and seen that this is a paticularly common problem with x220 tablets, sadly. So was hoping for perhaps a good link to third party firmware that might be able to help?

Would love to hear from anyone with an x220 tablet using third party firmware if it's helped with the WIFI at all.

Thanks.
Hi
i know what you mean about everything else works, i have been selling these for over a year now,and yes all your other wifi things work,so they is no problem there? BUT they is do a google search wifi not working properly or wifi keeps disconnecting not a search for flytouch android problem but a normal wifi disconnecting problem you'll see too many things using same channel or different items using different drivers and channels make wifi issues?,
i have had 6 or 7 wifi problems out of 500 tablets,i have told those with issues to take there tablet elsewhere and see how it works,they all say worked perfect on a different router,i then tell them to go into there router settings,and configure it to the settings firewall more than anything,as everything as firewalls windows etc so to have 2 firewalls there's a lot of blocking encryption involved,then to use the android tablet 1st when router is reset on 1st wifi connection and there issue is then resolved,there's no new firmware at moment just company firmware,as these po41 are new in market,so no tweeks etc at moment