barcode samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

brintek

Aug 8, 2012
Hi!

I have download barcode scanner from ZXing but this will not work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Can anyone help with what a can do with this or with a another barcode app that will work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

AMT

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi brintek. That's really strange that it won't work. I had that same barcode scanner on my Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and it worked perfectly, and also on my 10.1 inch Acer A500. I don't have any suggestions other than to be sure you hold it as still as possible when using it, and I'm sure you did that, or uninstall and reinstall to see if that would help, and maybe you tried that too. I haven't had any problems with it.

brintek

Aug 8, 2012
Hi brintek. That's really strange that it won't work. I had that same barcode scanner on my Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and it worked perfectly, and also on my 10.1 inch Acer A500. I don't have any suggestions other than to be sure you hold it as still as possible when using it, and I'm sure you did that, or uninstall and reinstall to see if that would help, and maybe you tried that too. I haven't had any problems with it.

Yes i thougt so i to. It works fine on Galaxy tab, but not at Galaxy tab 2.

Teraya

Jan 9, 2013
I have the 7" Tab 2 and it has the same issue. I do think it is the camera (and it's lack of auto focus ability). However, it's interesting that the barcode reader built into the MyFitnessPal app seems to work just fine. The ZXing scanner, and a handful of others I've tried though will not scan anything at all.