barskin's Le Pan II diary

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Got into work today. My mifi connected right away. I checked out the Huffington Post to catch up on my political news. This tablet version (which I had never experienced before using this device) is so cool. I have to see if there is an app to help my keep track of the commodities exchange (comex) intraday quotes, which I have to monitor as part of my job.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
re: closing apps. some close when you navigate away from them. others run in the bacground and have o be exited. usually menu-exit. the thing about hdmi. le pan says hdmi output though 30 pin connector. but guess what no connector exists at this point so it can't really be done. They have promised the connector will be available early March. I guess we will have to wait and see. If you want to try to get one open a parts request with le pan and let us know what they say.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I am currenly using an old neoprense netbook slip case to carry i around in. I have bought a case that another member recommended from Amazon. Yesterday I bought this case from ShopNBC:

s401094_00_swatch

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
re: closing apps. some close when you navigate away from them. others run in the bacground and have o be exited. usually menu-exit. the thing about hdmi. le pan says hdmi output though 30 pin connector. but guess what no connector exists at this point so it can't really be done. They have promised the connector will be available early March. I guess we will have to wait and see. If you want to try to get one open a parts request with le pan and let us know what they say.

Ah, so my HDMI input problem is moot, anyway. Good to learn about the app closing situation.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
the thing about hdmi. le pan says hdmi output though 30 pin connector. but guess what no connector exists at this point so it can't really be done.

I guess now we know why J5150P said to try it.:cool:

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I LOOOOOVE this tablet.

I don't know if I've mentioned that yet.

And now I can connect through my office Wifi, which I reconfigured today, saving me the bucks I spent on my personal mifi. This just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I guess now we know why J5150P said to try it.:cool:

Yeah, Hdmi out RJ network connector. None of that stuff can be done. USB only baby. The pin outs are different for Le Pan and apple so no luck jamming an Apple adapter in the Le Pan except sync and charge. They really really really said the adapter would come out early march. I guess we will see. i don't really care that much as I probably would never use that stuff anyway.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
They really really really said the (HDMI) adapter would come out early march. I guess we will see. i don't really care that much as I probably would never use that stuff anyway.

I'm the same way, if I want a movie on my large screen...I'll use my Roku. Although it would be interesting to see angry birds on my widescreen TV.;)

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I stopped at Office Max on on the way home, and, in spite of the fact that I have previously ordered a Crown Case from Amazon and a fancy-shmancy case from ShopNBC, I bought a Targus Truss case to put on right away. My Le Pan looks great naked (love that brushed aluminum), I just want it protected.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
I like naked too! :p
But it's a slippery tablet to hold and I prefer it in a case for protection also.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I like naked too! :p
But it's a slippery tablet to hold and I prefer it in a case for protection also.

Yeah, Spaceboy. I don't want it walking the streets exposed. I was scared to death for the last couple of days with a nude Le Pan. It's safe now.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
You're going to have quite an extensive collection of cases soon it looks like.
I'd say very WELL protected.

neopets3010

Sep 7, 2011
Really great to read your review so far. I'm looking at tablets for my mum and I'm thinking this may be the go. Thanks!

barskin

Mar 5, 2012

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Day Four: I had it well charged (and powered off) before I went to my office. Got to work, turned it on, and it was already connected to my office wifi. And, it looks so fine standing up in it's Targus Truss case. Dressed for business!