Basic Functions Questions

laurenb174

Oct 9, 2012
Hi there-

Fairly new to tablets, have several questions:

1. When I am typing, words appear above the keyboard. Looks like the tablet is trying to assume and anticipate what you are typing. It's very aggravating when it arbitrarily inserts a word based on its assumptions that turns out to be incorrect. How do I turn this off?

2. On some websites, when there is a slideshow, I click on the Next button and it advances 2 pictures, instead of going to the next picture. What's happening here?

3. Is there a Back button that doesn't delete? If I have a typo, I have to try to tap the screen at the right spot to make a correction. Usually, I press the back-delete button to get to the right spot, correct and retype what I deleted. I know that when you tap at a spot, the blue arrow appears and you can press and slide to the spot, but this isn't so user-friendly either.

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
#1 There is a setting in most of the soft keyboards to turn off the predictive typing. I no longer use the standard keyboard but I know it's there, somewhere.

#2 Strange, no answer.

#3 I use Hackers keyboard and it has arrow keys which are a big help. It also can turn off the predictive typing (suggested words.)

laurenb174

Oct 9, 2012
Thanks a bunch! I fixed #1; #3 probably won't happen unless I just can't stand it anymore; AND, if I find anything out about #2, I'll post it.

laurenb174

Oct 9, 2012
Hi Leeshor!

FYI. On issue #2- I opened the site in Chrome, and the slideshow progresses correctly!!! Yeah! Must be a quirk in Explorer, which is the browser I normally use?.???

Anyway, I can now see all slides!

Thanks- Lauren