Battery died - lost all apps and settings!

Discussion in 'Onda Tablet Forum' started by James2205, Jun 26, 2012.

1. James2205

James2205 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Onda Vi40 Elite
    Hi guys,
    As some will already know I have a V3 Onda Vi40 and am running the TNT Custom Firmware.
    Anyway, last night i was using tablet and noticed that the battery was low, I carried on some more, and then suddenly (and I think) without warning it switched off.
    What surprised me, was that upon reboot everything had gone apart from the original apps (and I'm pretty sure some of them are gone too!)
    I set up wifi, went to google play to download them all again - but the download doesnt seem to be happening. Now I am not too worried about this, as I wanted to check out maddog1979 's firmware http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/39011-onda-vi40-v3-vanilla-1-1-firmware.html
    But still its odd...
    Any thoughts, suggestions, similar experiences?
    Cheers
    James
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    A dead battery should not have been the cause for what you explained. The apps and data are stored on non volatile memory, (on an SSD drive not in RAM). Something else may be going on. Try restarting your tablet again, maybe even 3 or 4 times.
  3. w203

w203 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Onda Vi40
    I have the Same Problem everytime if i restart my tablet all Files are gone.

Did you Formatted the internal HDD?

I think there are some Files that the tablet Need to Start with the Same settings.

Can someone Upload his Files pls?