Battery Drain

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier. I'm a new poster. I'm curious as to what would cause a battery to run down. I don't have a live wallpaper, just a HD one.

What else can I do to limit battery use. When reading do I shut off the WIFI ? Do I shut WIFI off when I use certain apps. Just curious.

Finally do I turn the tablet off when not in use. I have a rooted Nook Tablet.

Thanks all great site.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Welcome Joe to the forum....I'm obsessed with battery life as well since I'm never home .Biggest drain is the light, keep it down when you don't need it, like inside. Then keep wifi off as well when not needed and Bluetooth off if you have it. Hope I helped:)

joecap1946

Jul 19, 2012
Thanks, I will try your recommendations. I'll let you know how I make out, and thanks for the welcome.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
By light, I assume your mean the brightness. Correct? No blue tooth on my Tablet. TY

That is correct, keep the brightness down as low as you can stand it to save the most battery life. Also set the screen time out to a short period so when you are not using it it turns off quickly. The screen is the number one battery drain on all tablets.

The Nook Tablet has a great deep sleep so no need to turn the tablet off if you are not using it unless you are not going to be using it for an extended period. For example if you go on vacation and won't be using it for a week or two (why isn't it going with you though?!).

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your tablet.