battery drained to 0% on charger?

Jan 20, 2012
I am very confused. Last night my Archos 80 G9 was on 56% so I placed it on the charger. Not the one that came with it. This morning when I woke up and checked it, the battery was COMPLETELY drained. It was at 0%. I know that the charger cable and plug I used works, it is used often. I can understand the charger not being plugged in, but discharging the battery to 0%?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The most common cause for this, and not just Archos, is the Aftermarket charger is of a lower amperage output than the factory charger. This will cause a slow drain if the unit is in sleep or with power. You should always try to use the factory charger or if the amperage is less than the factory charger, power the unit down. I have heard some batteries get ruined too because they used a too high of amperage output on the charger. ASUS Factory chargers have like two plus amps out and could do in a short quick charge but not all night on an Archos.

Soo, always try to use your factory charger.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Not the charger that came with it? Sounds to me like the polarity on the charger that you used was backwards to what the tablet requires. This would drain the battery in the attempt at charging it.
Use the charger for the tablet and see what happens.
FYI, if the polarity on the charger that came with the Tablet is positive on post A and negative on post B it will charge the tablet, but if the charger you used is negative on post A and positive on post be it will try to charge the battery in reverse and since these devices are DC the current can only flow one way. So your battery may be charged backwards.
You could try taking the battery out, flipping the tablet over and putting the battery back in??????????????????????? NAH that would never work. Just use the proper charger and see if that fixes it, and hope that it didn't shut your battery down.
What I mean by that is, some batteries when fully depleted will shut down and can not be charged through the device, sounds crazy I know but it's true. Had it happen to me on one of my Android phones. Had to buy a charger, take the battery out of the phone, charge it on the charger and put it back in the phone, once the battery was recharged it worked perfectly there after but because it ran all the way down it just shut off.
Let us know what you find.

chidoneIL

Apr 6, 2012
I have the same problelm, funny thing is, I'm usinge the factory provided charger!!!!
Can any body help me??