Battery life mid 7022

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
I was also able to do this with quick settings and it took no more than 5 seconds to do.

Since I have done this my battery is lasting longer. Right now it has used 34% of the battery in four hours. At this rate I will get about eight and one half hours before charging again. This is with moderate use. However my cell standby is still at 76%. Time without a signal 100%. Battery life is better than it was. Doesn't the battery quit drawing power when it is n sleep mode. I have noticed it keeps flashing on and off.

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
I use the one by Sergej Shafarenka. I used it on my lg optimus to turn on a hotspot as well. And it really does work. I did notice that night before last I turned the tablet off and charged it and it lasted 12 hours with moderate use. Last night I put it to sleep and charged it. This morning it looks like it's going to make eight hours with very moderate use.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
I have been using Quick Setting for about a year on my Optimus to turn on the hotspot. I just discovered that it has a bunch of hidden settings you can acess throught the customize button on the menu. Feel kind of dumb.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Since I have done this my battery is lasting longer. Right now it has used 34% of the battery in four hours. At this rate I will get about eight and one half hours before charging again. This is with moderate use. However my cell standby is still at 76%. Time without a signal 100%. Battery life is better than it was. Doesn't the battery quit drawing power when it is n sleep mode. I have noticed it keeps flashing on and off.

For the "restless sleep" flashing on and off you can get the app on Market for Advanced WiFi Lock (free). This keeps your WiFi enabled during sleep to maintain the same signal strength as well as stopping the flash on/off.

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
For the "restless sleep" flashing on and off you can get the app on Market for Advanced WiFi Lock (free). This keeps your WiFi enabled during sleep to maintain the same signal strength as well as stopping the flash on/off.

Thanks for the help. But doesn't the wifi take up battery use all night.

Onto another question. I have just put a movie on my sd card and can't figure a way to play it. Is there an app out made just for that problem...Can anyone help....

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
There is an app and it is called mx video player and found on the market. installed it and it immediately found the movie I just installed on the sd card. It played back flawlessly.

bzegil

Jul 16, 2011
There is an app and it is called mx video player and found on the market. installed it and it immediately found the movie I just installed on the sd card. It played back flawlessly.

Just installed it, it went straight to my movie folder on the sd card, awesome player.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Anybody know what is a good root file explorer that is free ???

You can use Es explorer
1. Update Es explorer from market
2. Start Es explorer
3. Press the menu button
4.then go in sertings and check root explorer and mount system files.
Hope this helps

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

zac

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I did the same and renamed the phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk to .old but still see them at the battery usage though. Hopefully those are the right ones to rename to get rid of the cell radio power comsumption??

Is there a way to get the Titanium Backup utility to backup to the external MicroSD Card instead of the internal drive. ??

Thanks again and best regards,

Zac.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I did the same and renamed the phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk to .old but still see them at the battery usage though. Hopefully those are the right ones to rename to get rid of the cell radio power comsumption??

Is there a way to get the Titanium Backup utility to backup to the external MicroSD Card instead of the internal drive. ??

Thanks again and best regards,

Zac.

It should go away after a few battery cycles I believe the percentage displayed is how much percent cell usage or whatever killed your battery since its been discharging

and answered this in other thread but

When in Titanium Backup:

Menu Button > Prefences > Scroll down to "Back folder location" and click it > Hit the back button > navigate to tflash folder and choose a location to have as your back folder location.

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
If you don't want to wait, you can go to clockworkmod to "wipe battery stats". it will wipe the the battery stats and starts off fresh