Battery life? Only getting 4/5 hours of sceen time? is this normal?

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
I am only getting 4/5 hours of sceen time and before i was getting 6 hours of sceen time on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

Is it this normal? And it is because that i have over charged the battery sometimes.

On my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 i was getting a least 6 hours of sceen time on a single charge.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That does sound a little short. How long have you had the tablet? Normally it isn't a good thing to keep it charging all the time. It should be deep discharged at least weekly then charged to 100% and as soon after as you can, pull the power. A lot also depends on what you and the tablet are doing , (in the background too).

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
That does sound a little short. How long have you had the tablet? Normally it isn't a good thing to keep it charging all the time. It should be deep discharged at least weekly then charged to 100% and as soon after as you can, pull the power. A lot also depends on what you and the tablet are doing , (in the background too).

I always charge the battery from 5% to 100% all the time(nearly every day).

The battery life is very BAD for a tablet comparing to the likes of Ipad Air 2, Nexus 9 and all so Samsung claimed the battery life will be for normal use is 10 hours but that is NOT even close!

Last edited:

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
This is ridiculous tonight my battery was around 20% i was browsing the web and watching a video and all of the sudden battery just lost about 18% charge in under 5 minutes down to 2%. :mad::mad:

And i am still getting ridiculously low battery life 3/4 hours instead of 5/6 hours of sceen time on a single charge and i keep losing like 20% per hour on a single charge when in use. :mad:

This is ****** stupid, it should NOT be happening, i am getting fed of all of the problems i having with my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

This makes want to get rid of it or sell it and get a Ipad Air 2. :mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You could probably solve the proplem with a factory reset. You would need to do that anyway if you wanted to sell it. Just save your media files somewhere else first.

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
You could probably solve the proplem with a factory reset. You would need to do that anyway if you wanted to sell it. Just save your media files somewhere else first.

Should i factory reset my Tab Pro 8.4 again? and see if the battery life lmproves so i can get about 6 hours of sceen time again

And when i am playing a game(Flick Soccer 15) i am losing about 2% per minute most of the time and that should not be happening. :mad:

If the factory reset don't improve the battery life, i might sell it because battery life(4 hours of sceen time) is ridiculously bad on a single charge.

The battery life is starting to be a deal breaker for me i bet the Samsung Galaxy Tab S has way better battery life!

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700 with a I5 Core CPU and the battery life only last about 3 hours on a single charge but the battery life does not bother me as much as it is a Windows 8 tablet.