Battery life since update?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Without doing any rigorous comparisons, I've come to the conclusion my battery life is ACTUALLY LESS since the update to 3.1. Maybe by as much as 20%.

Anyone else noticing any difference?

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
Mine looked like it was discharging faster after the update. Didn't bother to run ant meaningful tests, but did uninstalled several seldom used apps.
Since then it appears to be better. When I check usage, screen, tablet idle, and wi-fi use the bulk of the battery. The screen is near 75%, so not much to do for longer battery life.

Ken

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I am up to 2d 12h 49m 2s since I last charged mine and it still has 16% left, I have watched video done a lot of browsing, installed new apps, all the usual stuff.

Gotta say I am pretty happy with that.

Pete

me2010

May 5, 2011
I was lasting 7 hours on average for heavy use before HC3.1 - Now with cell standby gone im on 9 1/2 hours for the same usage, so thumbs up here.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
No meaningful tests here ... but I think I'm getting quite a bit more battery life. The life before was so bad I was turning it completely off if I wasn't going to be using it for a few hours or it would surely be dead when I wanted to use it.

Now, if I know I'm going to be out and about out of Wifi range, I make sure to turn it off so it's not forever looking ... but I dont' feel the need to turn it completely off.

I used it for work Friday ... for an hour long presentation to take notes on (had the screen turned off when I wasn't actively note taking), browsing the internet for about 30 minutes and reviewing PDFs, then looking at a PDF and taking notes on it for about 3.5 hours on a construction site visit. Still had quite a bit of battery life left!