Battery life

hazi1964

May 28, 2011
Hi all, I have been chopping and changing my mind about which tablet to get for over a month now. lol.

I have two main contenders at the moment, the Advent Vega and the Asus EeePad Transformer.

I have seen reviews, videos etc of the transformer and so far have been very impressed.

I would like to know however, what are people finding the battery life in the tablet itself like in reality? Is it really as good as advertised? I know it will depend on usage but would be good to hear what people are getting. I will get the keyboard as well if I go for this one but am more interested in the life of the tablet on it's own.

The Vega is at the opposite end of the market and seems to be a good tablet for it's price but cannot compare to the transformer. I also believe it has been reported that it will not receive official Honeycomb so that means it's not exactly future proof.

Price is obviously a factor which is why I am looking at both ends of the market, I have three mobile contracts, one of which will be cancelled so that I can get my tablet. The most expensive contract is the one I was originally going to pay off but that would limit me to the Vega, if I cancel the cheapest one, I could get the transformer and my mobile bill would still be reduced. Hmm, decisions decisions.

Anyway, I strayed off from my question there, I do apologise so if anybody could enlighten me as far as the battery life is concerned, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
Alison

DJACID

May 7, 2011
The transformer gives me 8hrs from normal use, the iPad 2 from the same use, gave just over 9hrs,Also I do have my TF clock at 1.4Ghz...Well worth buying,For less money the vega still stands out as a good tablet...