Battery never shows full

ram_blur

Apr 27, 2012
I've got a GT 10.1, and have rooted it, installed a different ROM, played with it, tinkered, etc... With the new ROM (Overcome), the battery display says it never charges to full. I have drained it to absolutely dead and left it plugged in for 10 hours, and the battery still says 76% or somewhere around there.
Finally I have just re-flashed back to completely stock. And the problem persists. The tablet is only about 3 months old, so I highly doubt it's a bad battery.

I have gone in to Recovery and wiped voltage and Davlik, and all that good stuff. But the problem persists. Any ideas from the AT.net community??

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Draining it till it was dead was not a good idea. The type of battery used in the Galaxy Tab can be damaged that way. How are you charging it? Do you use the stock charger it came with?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just to verify the charge I would consider installing one of the third party battery widgets and see what it reads. When you drain the battery until the unit shuts down it isn't actually completely drained, there is circuitry that prevents full discharge because of the damage it would cause a lithium battery.

ram_blur

Apr 27, 2012
Sue, yes I'm using the charger that came with the unit. Plugged into a standard wall socket.
A third party battery widget shows the same thing that the system battery level indicates. I have actually tried a couple of different widgets just to test 'em out and make sure the system is not reporting incorrectly.