Battery Replacement In Progress!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I just sent my Kyros 7015 to a very kind board member who has offered to replace the battery for me. (The replacement battery only costs $7.99 by the way). For those unaware, the battery in my 5 month old tablet stopped charging last week. I will keep you posted and let you know how it turns out!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for creating this thread, I was wondering how that worked out for you. You got a heck of a deal on the battery, I was thinking it would be about twice what you paid for it.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
It costs more if you chose the PCB thing but you said I didn't need that so it was a lot cheaper. :)

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
I also want to thank you for creating this post :) I have the same charging problem, my coby won't charge at all... I have a couple of friends that could help me out replacing the battery but I'm not in the US so battery can be a little tough to get :(

I'll be following this thread. Hope you can use your tablet again in no time :)

EDIT: If I may ask Sue, where did you get your replacement battery? Did you order it online? I'm really interested and I have some family in the US (but they're returning soon). Thank you.

Last edited:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
A rather bizarre update. Mr.Bean received my tablet and for the heck of it, plugged it into his charger-and it charged right up! When I plugged in my charger there was no LED and no recognition that it was plugged into a charger at all. Plugging it into the USB got no charging response either. Neither did another compatible charger or my external battery pack. Did the mailman drop it just right? Do I have gremlins playing tricks on me? :) I really don't know what to think. I tried my charger in other outlets too. It just makes no sense! Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

ckuter

Apr 4, 2011
It sounds like a loose power receptacle in your tablet. It will probably fail again. It may be repairable once the tablet is opened, if it can be re-soldered. I am involved with amateur radio and have come across this type of thing before. Good luck

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
The receptacle is fine, I've put the tablet through the paces and I'm sure it would have failed by now. It's the power source. But thanks for the input.

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
The receptacle is fine, I've put the tablet through the paces and I'm sure it would have failed by now. It's the power source. But thanks for the input.

So, is there a way to fix it? Mine won't charge either and I've gone through a couple of those "miracles" :p where the tablet would charge once or twice but this time is really dead :(

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I have put Sue's tablet through 6 complete charges and discharges, her screen stays on and doesn't go to sleep. My girlfriend has a 7015 too, and I got her charger to see if there was any difference. If I was getting periodic charges I would look at the cord where it goes into the plug, I've had that happen on a digital camera and a portable DVD player. I can't get this thing to act up at all, and it runs for 7 hours just with the screen on. That tells me it's something else.

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
I have put Sue's tablet through 6 complete charges and discharges, her screen stays on and doesn't go to sleep. My girlfriend has a 7015 too, and I got her charger to see if there was any difference. If I was getting periodic charges I would look at the cord where it goes into the plug, I've had that happen on a digital camera and a portable DVD player. I can't get this thing to act up at all, and it runs for 7 hours just with the screen on. That tells me it's something else.

Thanks to your thoughts I rambled all around my house searching for old cell phone chargers and what do I find? an old LG charger that works perfectly and VOILA!! My tablet works =)

So BEWARE!!! The AC adapters that come with this tablet are pretty crappy

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Great news Juan! I have a question about the battery I ordered though. Do they store well?

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks to your thoughts I rambled all around my house searching for old cell phone chargers and what do I find? an old LG charger that works perfectly and VOILA!! My tablet works =)

So BEWARE!!! The AC adapters that come with this tablet are pretty crappy

I agree, my charger's cable internally got cut twice on me now.

1148Post

Nov 22, 2011
I have a 7015 and after only a month of use the wire on the charger split from the base. I cut it off since it was just hanging by a thread, and then accidentally lined up the wrong ends and heard a pop in the tablet. The tablet didn't shut down but the battery won't charge now, I tried charging it with a new one from radioshack. I assume the battery is blown out. How difficult is it to change?