Battery Savers!

matijev1

Dec 19, 2011
So I recently got the Vizio Tablet and my wife and I went for an overnight stay. I had the tablet fully charged and on standby. Six hours later, the tablet was nearly dead. From what I can gather, it was related to the google maps or latitude applications. Sadly it does not seem that those can be uninstalled (Or can they?). Is there a way to improve battery life. I was hoping to use this for some travel, but if the battery life is a couple of hours, that will severely limit the functionality.

I am also new to android so if there are any tips for speed or improved app control, it would be much appreciated.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Turn down your screen brightness, that's one of the biggest battery eaters. Careful you don't turn it down so far that you can't see the screen.:rolleyes:

matijev1

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks to you both. Is there a way to uninstall maps and latitude. I don't really need either.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks to you both. Is there a way to uninstall maps and latitude. I don't really need either.

You shouldn't need to uninstall these and they should not be eating you battery. You may want to go into settings and see if you have GPS enabled. If GPS is enabled and you are not using it will decrease the battery life. Other suggestions include setting your screen time out to a shorter period, turning off wifi and blue tooth and not leaving and thing running while not in use (i.e. live wallpaper or playing a movie you aren't watching.)

matijev1

Dec 19, 2011
Juice defender is worth it. On average it saves me about 2 hours. Also keep the brightness down and shut off wireless when asleep. Kind of a pin when restarting, but it offers a major boost to battery life.

Thanks for the help.

matijev1

Dec 19, 2011
Juice defender is worth it. On average it saves me about 2 hours. Also keep the brightness down and shut off wireless when asleep. Kind of a pin when restarting, but it offers a major boost to battery life.&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br><br>